See, closures are interesting. As you go, you get yourself into different situations. You meet different people, you face different obstacles. Some of them work out, some of them don’t. That’s just how shit goes. But now matter what the situation is, the older you get, the more you want to understand it. You kinda wanna understand what makes beautiful shit beautiful, mediocre shit mediocre and uncomfortable shit uncomfortable. And as I get older, I’m theoretically open to all possible outcomes of all possible situations. I mean, we are all human. We have our weird emotions, our skeletons, we project our shit onto others, we try to find some common ground… Sometimes with some results, sometimes without… So the thing that really annoys me when shit don’t work out isn’t necessarily shit not working out but inability to get the fucking closure. Nearly everything is understandable when explained. We rarely aim at fucking other people up, we rarely want to end up in some stupid shit. But then again, we’re just human so shit like that is ultimately inevitable. Which is fine but the real maturity really comes with self-reflection and accountability. At least from where I’m standing. And on the other hand, I guess it also comes with accepting the fact sometimes there’s no closure. Sometimes you just gotta make peace with whatever shit you’re dealing with and let it go. I've had to do this couple of times of times in my life and recently, I had to do it once more but hey… That’s life. And at the end of the day, it’s still about the optics. You live you learn.
So after this little philosophy window, let me take it back to this shit. The rest of my year is shaping up to be a bit different than initially expected. I still made way to Tenerife as my car and my diving gear was still waiting for me here but I’m not staying for too long. Gonna go back the second week of November to do some traveling around Europe and to finally spend holidays in the Czech Republic. Got some plans in head after that too but I’m taking it one step at a time.
I arrived to Tenerife last Sunday and took a bus to Medano when I found shelter at my friend’s apartment meters from the beach. My room is reasonably big, I got enough working space, it’s exactly what I need. And it’s less than a minute from the beach which is just lovely.
I got some new classes so I’ve been working a lot. I also managed to deal with some of my shit. Get the car back up and running, pick up some of my stuff, did a trip to Santa Cruz, stop by at the Czech dive shop in Cristianos and spent a day with my former flatmate from Guargacho. That was today and we went to Playa San Juan. Cool day. At one point, the new car battery moved which led to a fucking short circuit and thank god I got the guy with me. He knows much more about cars so we came up with a temporary solution (involving a flip-flop I found by the road) and I’ll try to go to the mechanic’s tomorrow and try to get them to repair it. They really fucked that shit up.
So yeah, this whole is totally different than what I expected it to be couple of weeks back and sometimes I question my decision to stay for 5 weeks. Felt a bit better back home. But then again, I’m already 1 week in, I’m working on myself and it’s all moving. Hope y’all good and safe too. One!
Highlights:
- Ocean.
- Tropical weather.
- This festival in the main square in Medano yesterday. Got some drinks and danced for hours with whole bunch of locals to some raggaeton. It’s fun how everybody knows all these songs and everybody can actually dance over here.





No comments:
Post a Comment