Sunday, December 3, 2023

Semester 15 Chapter XIV: The Hague

Hello world! Checking in from yet another overnight bus, this time heading to Prague. Which pretty much concludes my ongoing adventure. Let me start with expressing how grateful I am for all the people whom I had a chance to spend some amazing moments with this time around. My peers from the Czech Republic in London. Goes without saying. The ladies in Zurich, Amsterdam and Hague. Some great hangouts, some more memories. The love is real.

 











I arrived to The Hague Sunday evening and the next couple of days were pretty fucking smooth. I believe I’ve said it before but traveling while working isn’t really that bad. The thing is, people you visit usually have jobs too. And since both of you work over the day, even longer visits don’t get overwhelming. Plus I also feel it removes some of the pressure of feeling responsible for the guest. We’re both reasonably busy. So yeah, everything went super well. We had enough time to do cool shit, we got out for some food, drinks and walks here and there. And we got to talk for hours. And since I enjoy all of the above, I was having a really good time.


 




During my longer breaks, I also took the opportunity to explore the town by myself. Walked to the sea one afternoon. Which was pretty interesting as I don’t really remember the last time I was by the beach in a fucking winter jacket. But hey, some surfers over there were still on their shit. Gotta respect the grind. On Friday, I took a train to the town of Delft about 10km from The Hague. My dad recommended it and since I had quite a lot of time on my hands that day, I decided to go for it. The town is picturesque, it was a pleasure strolling around it, and since the weather was fucking beautiful (cold but clear and sunny), I walked all the way back. Couple of hours on fresh air, eventually exploring downtown Hague… Happy days.

 




Overall, it all felt just right. Every single step of this little journey of mine. Looking forward to seeing all these people again at some point in the future. And I feel pretty shitty about not visiting a coffee shop in Netherlands. I don’t really smoke weed like that but given the fact this was my second time here… Got some shit to catch up with the next time. Oh well. Hope y’all having a great time, hope winter isn’t too heavy on y’all and you energy levels are wherever you want them to be. Sending love to all my people and my readers too. One!

 






Highlights:

  • Walks.
  • Crystals.
  • Hague.

No comments:

Post a Comment