Sunday, December 24, 2023

Semester 15 Chapter XVII: Christmas

It’s kinda difficult to do this one. We had the first mass shooting in the Czech Republic. It’s been the number one topic over the last couple of days and it’s sickening. It’s one of those situations where you don’t even know what to say. Everything seems pointless and meaningless. This was an act of pure evil and it’s fucked up on so many different levels. It’s crazy that someone gets to this point, it’s crazy that people can stack up so many pro-level weapons without having to undergo some psychological evaluation or setting off some red alerts, it’s crazy that so many people will spend holidays having to deal with losses, it’s crazy that it happened at the Faculty of Arts, it’s just so fucked up and sad. And look… I hate to say this but I was relieved when it turned out the guy was white and Czech. You see, with white terrorists, we tolerate so much. We always approach them as some sort of individual troubled minds. We ask how could this happened. What’s the person’s motivation, background story, childhood. Shit like that. Had the guy been Romani, Arab or basically anything else but… It wouldn’t have been an individual failure. He would have represented his whole ethnic group, race, religion. And the amount of violence and hate following that would have been tremendous. Not that it makes the situation itself any better but the way we approach white terrorists is such a painful double-standard it fucking hurts. And fucking ban guns. Like what the fuck are we even talking about…

I would also like send some love to Palestine. Over the past 11 weeks, more that 20 thousand of Palestinians have lost their lives amid Israeli bombings and attacks. And those are children, women, civilians. All over Gaza. Not only north or south or wherever the fuck Israel said they would attack. Shit is a fucking massacre over there and it seems like media just comfortably sit back and ignore it. And look, I’m not here to defend Hamas. Those guys are terrorists and deserve to be eliminated. But 20 thousand? Are you fucking kidding me? That’s a population of a fucking town. The way Israel treats Palestinians has been fucking criminal for ages… And yes, this leads to pain, this leads to radicalization and it leads to violence. And what do you think is gonna happen now? Whole bunch of people (again, women, children and men who want nothing but the opportunity to live their lives in peace) are being slaughtered and then what… Then it stops? Fuck no, there’s gonna be more violence and more death. And after what Israel has been doing recently, what do you think Hamas is gonna do when they get a chance. What the fuck… Seeing how poorly this is covered in media is insane. It’s deeply heartbreaking.

Okay so as for this Christmas shit… I haven’t spent Christmas home for about 7 years. Pretty sure since 2015. And it feels really good. It’s the first time with my nephew which gives the whole thing a completely new vibe. And it’s just nice being surrounded by the family, all the good food… The Christmas spirit, I guess. I’m still not a fan of adults giving each other some bullshit presents which makes me seem like a dick sometimes but I try to avoid clashes on that topic (being relatively successful). Everything else is really good. Had a chance to spend some time with the family, with some of my friends… Visited my dad’s pub on one occasion. Still keeping basically fully alcohol-free. Shit’s working out.

Yesterday, we had some sort of pre-Christmas at my sis’ as the nephew is spending today with his other mom. Again, don’t care too much about the gifts but the kiddo was super happy and the whole vibe was nice. And I guess I wish everybody the same. It’s hard not to feel like this world is falling apart and we are taking a hit after a hit after a hit. So stay safe, enjoy some peace and be grateful for what you got. Shit is fragile. I’m not doing photos or highlights this time around cause it just doesn’t feel right. Love to everybody. One!

No comments:

Post a Comment