Yo, welcome to 2024. The world is still fucked, it is still led by either incompetent or cynical assholes and it’s still driven exclusively by profit. The climate situation is still in decay, there’s wars that are hardly justifiable by any means and on top of that we deal with gentrification, AI threatening livelihoods of masses, housing crisis, inflation going off the roof, right-wing radicalization all over the world (hi, Netherlands), the rich getting obscenely richer, the poor falling deeper into the abyss, people hooked (and properly depressed) on social media, and all the other fun stuff. It’s like everywhere you look, there’s a pile of shit but everybody pretends it’s okay. And boy, I hope they’re right. I really hope I’m seeing this all wrong, everything is under control and there’s some kind of sustainable anything at the end of this tunnel. Again tho, having said all that, it still makes sense working on your little self. Against all odds. So wherever life takes you the next year, let it be towards something meaningful, something beautiful and something that actually makes some kind of sense to you. Cause at the end of the day, you gotta find some peace with the motherfucker in the mirror. Without that, we cannot go much further.
My year started pretty cool. Last Sunday, I picked up one of my friends by the main railway station in Prague and since it was a beautiful day, we spent most of it strolling around the city center. It’s kinda cool having the opportunity to show people from abroad around. In the evening, we caught a bus to Brno and we eventually spent the New Year’s Eve with my sister and couple of her friends, wrapping it up at the Fraktal club for some techno. Got home at like 8am and slept till 6pm. What a start…
The rest of the week was chilled. I got back to work but I also had quite a lot of time to show my friend around, to get her to some good cafés and even to check the Brno underground. Apart from the boneyard (which I only saw like half a year ago; also because of a visit), I haven’t really seen that much. We paid for a tour around the cellars under the Vegetable Square and it was pretty fucking cool. Gotta cross off the other sites at some point. It’s been all enjoyable.
It’s around noon now and I’m about to get some lunch with the whole family and then I’m gonna walk my friend to the bus station. I hope all of you are doing okay. I just wish you some peace, love and empathy just because these things fucking matter. Oh, and reasonable amount of money… You know, just not to be stressed about shit too much. Shout out to all my people and all my readers. One!
Highlights:
- Prague.
- Getting lost in Brno.
- Techno.





No comments:
Post a Comment