Hello world. This time from Amsterdam. It’s a sunny morning, I got a fresh cup of coffee in front of me and I’m listening to this new Kanye & Ty album. I’m pretty sure I should boycott this guy but curiosity won over and I just gotta know what it is about. I don’t really expect anything close to his prime tho.
Anyways… Back to this thing. Let my start by saying last week was fucking awesome. I didn’t really expect anything negative out of it but it still feels like it exceeded all the expectations. The hangouts were great, talks were deep, time flew by. Throughout the week, both me and my friend worked but we still managed to do a whole lot of cool stuff. On Monday, we went to a sauna. See, in The Hague, they have these cabins by the beach. No staff, you just get an entry code and you’re in. We went around 8pm and in total there were 6 people in it. It’s kinda funny that over my adult life I hadn’t been to a sauna at all and then within like 6 days I ended up going twice. Anyways, it was really good. Getting all warmed up, swimming in the cold sea, getting warmed up again. Felt super nice.
We also managed to check an Indonesian restaurant in the neighborhood. Food actually resembled the stuff I remember from my travels in the country. Except for prices; we’re in Netherlands after all. The whole week felt smooth tho. On top of that, I was on my regular runs (to the beach and back) and on Friday, I did this long walk to Oostduinpark up north. Just wandering around the town, getting lost in random areas.
Friday evening, we hopped on a tram and ended up in Rotterdam which marked my fist time over there. We did couple of drinks, got all set and then proceeded to this club for some techno. Once again, everything worked out perfectly, it was a great night and after they shut it down (around 7am), we roamed around some more and eventually grabbed an Uber back home. The rest of my stay was in the Hague was lazy, chilled and very very enjoyable.
Sunday around noon, I hopped on a bus and got my ass to Amsterdam. It’s pretty cool that at this point I’m somewhat familiar with things over here. Don’t need to check connections, don’t need to check maps and bus stops… It’s slowly becoming one of the places I know. Reunited with my friend over here, tool a walk downtown, had some beer (I still keep everything non-alcoholic btw), made some dinner back home and wrapped it up.
It’s shaping up to be a beautiful day, I feel good and I also feel grateful for getting to experience all of this. Sometimes things just fall in place and I really try not to take any of that for granted. So yeah, shout out to all my people! Sending love to everybody out there, too. Hope y’all well, keep it light, keep it positive and don’t entertain bullshit. And if you love somebody, tell them. One!
Highlights:
- The Hague.
- Rotterdam.
- Connections.











No comments:
Post a Comment