Okay, we gotta start with Navalny. I do understand that we live in a complicated world. I despise Russian regime and Putin but I’m also not happy about the way we rule shit in the West. I feel we are governed by forces stronger than individual governments, I believe that, for the most part, human rights and democracy have become empty phrases and I also believe that West has no moral high ground when it comes to pretty much anything. Outsourcing damage and pain to third world countries doesn’t really count as solving a problem. Having said that, I consider Putin extraordinarily disgusting. He’s the type of person who would (and often does) send people of different ethnicity, sexual orientation or political opinion to death. I mean, most western leaders are fucking cynical or stupid (or mere puppets) but only very few are this evil as individuals. And it pains me that Navalny had to pay the ultimate price for speaking out, pointing out corruption and fearlessly encouraging others. This situation is extremely fucked up and although it might (and as we speak it actually does) spark some resistance, I can’t see Putin’s regime fall anytime soon. All I wanna say here is R.I.P. Navalny. You’re gone but you’re not forgotten. People see you, lour legacy is cemented and you are a fucking hero. And I really wish Putin would just drop dead already. You can talk about how global politics are not black and white and question different parties’ motivation but you can’t kill innocent people (that’s word to Israel too). It’s really as simple as that.
Sometimes getting back to blabbering about my life feels quite pointless but I’ve been doing this for such a long time, it also feels like something we just gotta do. So let’s get to it. Sitting on a bus back to Prague, I gotta say Amsterdam has been good to me once more. Got some 21 Savage in the headphones (I’m really feeling the vibe right now) and I’m super happy that I get to do this. All of it. Let’s start with the firsts. So for the first time, I got to ride around the city on a bike my friend lent me. That was yesterday (Saturday). I got to visit a concert over here as well. We went out to see Masego whom I’m vaguely familiar with. He’s pretty big, the venue was right by one of the major arenas over here, there were two dope supporting acts (both females with angel voices; I was particularly digging Tanerélle; gotta research her some more and y’all should too) and the main show was bomb. The guy had a god-level drum player and a guitarist/keys player in the back, his sax skills were proper and since he’s a really good vocalist (both singing and rap), the show was just a treat. I realized I hadn’t been to a show like that in ages. And it wasn’t too bad but man… Standing on your feet sober for couple of hours surrounded by some youngsters gets tiring. Not like crazy tiring but you can definitely feel that shit. I can do techno much better than this. I was super happy my friend invited me to this thing tho. What a way to spend a Thursday night.
Outside of that it’s been the same old. And good. Walks downtown, some good coffee, some good talks, good food, movies. I got to meet my friend’s bestie too who (not surprisingly) turns out to be a very lovely person. And she’s vegan. Oh, and since I had my running gear on me, I went running basically every day. So that’s another first in Amsterdam. And today, we did a trip to Haarlem. Typical Dutch town. Was giving me Delft vibes, very pretty.
Overall, it’s been a blast. Sometimes I feel if karma is real, I must be doing something right here and there. So yeah, shout out to my people over here, shout out to all the moments and situations that felt genuine, shout out to life. I wrote some lyrics on this journey too and I can’t wait to record that shit. Hope y’all fuckers are good and y’all safe, not losing your shit over the way things are out there. Love to everybody. One!
Highlights:
- Amsterdam.
- Music.
- Bikes.















No comments:
Post a Comment