Okay, I’m gonna start with some rap once more. The dust is settling on this whole Kendrick/Drake situation and the fact Drake got washed has become crystal clear. Kendrick did it better, timed it better, released better songs and rapped circles around him. Honestly, I don’t understand how anyone with any knowledge of the genre can state otherwise (and I do consider Drake a highly skilled artist). Plus Drake has kinda been a culture vulture for these past couple of years and he has been doing some highly questionable shit. Anyways, today I got to the new Macklemore track Hind’s Tall and I wanna tip my hat to him. I’m not a die hard Macklemore fan but I do respect his pen game and I don’t really think I’ve heard a mainstream rapper raising the Palestine issue yet. And the way he did this gives me chills. What a fucking song. The line “I want a ceasefire, fuck a response from Drake” puts shit into perspective. Much love.
Back to this tho. Since June is shaping up to be pretty eventful, I don’t mind things being a bit slower these days. I’ve been working a lot, I’ve been following music (going through Kendrick’s discography on some appreciation shit), I’ve been running a bit more extensively, reading, enjoying the weather. Oh yeah, last Sunday evening, I tried out this sauna place in the Lužánky park. Really fucking lovely place with 3 different saunas, 1 steam room and beautiful views into their little garden. Definitely gonna be back.
Yesterday,
I met up with my sis and spent some time with her and the nephew in
the park. Couple days prior, we had another pretty hangout with some delivery pizza, too. Anyways, the little guy has been quite fond of his bicycle which he
can ride like a boss. He still has some way to go with speaking but
when it comes to physical coordination, he’s definitely doing
better than most of his buddies. We played some catch, got some food
and wrapped the evening up at my sis’ with dinner and a movie. We
watch the OG version of Pinocchio which was cool but quite confusing
at points. On the way home, I stopped at my friend's work to talk some shit and that was that.
I’ve been running my 12km route the past 5 days and I’ve been really enjoying it. I’m thinking about possibly going to do some swimming later on today and in the evening, I’m probably meeting up with a friend to do our little cycling trip. Oh yeah, and I’ve finished this novel by this Czech author which is based on an interview with a North Korean defector. Great read. Hope you guys are doing well… Sending love to everybody reading. One!
Highlights:
- Not like us.
- Hind’s Tall.
- Moving.




No comments:
Post a Comment