Hello world, it’s that time again. Last week was fucking great, especially the weekend. Now, I’m not much of a sports fan. I mean, I do exercise like crazy but I don’t really watch any of it on TV and I don’t really know names of athletes. When I used to travel a bit more, people were throwing names of famous Czech sportspeople at me (after figuring out where I’m from) and I usually kept silent and felt slightly awkward. Now, nothing has really change about that. It’s not that I hate it, it’s more like all of it is pretty fucking low on my list of priorities. I’d rather do like 1000 things before sitting on a fucking couch watching a game of whatever. With that said tho… I did watch the finale of the world ice hockey championship simply because at that point it felt like a national duty. Hadn’t done shit like that in ages but I did enjoy it, it was a good game and it’s super funny seeing how big this thing is in our country. When I went walk the dog after the game, streets were full of enthusiastic people waving flags… It’s all a bit beyond me, but I try to give credits to things that somehow connect people. And this is definitely one of them.
What else… Over the week I didn’t do much. Wednesday evening, I met up with my sis and her gf for couple of drinks which was pleasant. Thursday later in the evening, I hopped on a bus to Prague and Friday morning, me and my friend were on our way to the Yart tattoo shop. This shop is ran by one of the most prolific tattoo artist in the world right now (yes, he happens to be Czech and no, it’s not an exaggeration). Since we all kinda know each other and since my friend is a good friend of him, we did our tattoo session over there. We were covering fingers on my right hand so shit gets symmetrical. Finally. Now, I don’t know how many of you have had your fingers tatted but that place is a motherfucker. Pure pain. Especially the part close to your nails. It gives you an opportunity to enter some new dimensions of spirituality. I mean, I had done it before but this was a proper reminder. We managed tho. It took forever but it’s there and my hands finally look the way they’re supposed to. Since the shop sells some pretty great merch, I copped myself a sweatshirt while at it, we had some good talks and it generally felt great kicking it in a studio that felt this high-level and professional. Nothing sketchy about anything over there.
We left sometime in the evening, walked around the river and eventually took a boat to the other side. It’s part of the public transport system in Prague and it’s all just beautiful. Not sure, where I’m gonna end up after summer (I’m sure it’s not gonna be Brno, tho) but Prague is definitely still on the list. That place is gorgeous (minus winters). We spent a lot of time outside, got some drinks (non-alcoholic, still), got some dinner and talked some more later on at my friend’s with his partner joining us.
I started Saturday with a walk around the city (I’m telling you, Prague is really something else) and some exercise (which was heavily limited due to the fact, that my right hand was barely operational and swollen as fuck). In the afternoon, we grabbed bikes and went on our regular route to Stromovka. The absence of people in the street was confusing as hell. Saturday afternoon, beautiful weather, where the fuck is everybody. We eventually realized that the Czech team was playing semifinals with Sweden. Czechs take that shit really seriously. Apparently, this championship has broken all kinds of records in terms of attendance and viewership. It was cool tho. Stromovka is one of the best parks in town, we grabbed some coffee in Letná, hanged around the Charles Bridge and wrapped the whole thing up at the apartment with some dinner.
Sunday morning, we were on our way back to Brno and in the afternoon, we went to the Vitamin Market. I went a year ago as well. It’s an event providing a platform for local designers (fashion, jewelry, etc.), book publishers and of course some coffee shops and food stalls. It took place close to the city center in a renovated industrial space but there was a lot of grass around and since the sky was clear once again, it was all super pleasant. I met some people I know, the energy was right, everything was enjoyable. Oh, and very close to that event, there was a pretty large group of women on these little trampolines with handles bouncing their asses to some techno. The were like 3 instructors in from of them, the music was blasting and they were jumping all around and sweating. I had no idea that something like that existed but apparently, it is a thing and people actually do that. Felt like an adult version of raving. The way we do raves is different. Friday night, dark space, you get fucked and then you leave the place looking like a zombie having to put yourself together for some time after. These people were drinking protein shakes, eating fruit, absorbing sun a I’m fucking positive they slept like babies later on. I’m obviously not ready to do anything even remotely close that anytime soon but I’m happy I learned something new.
And yeah, in the evening, after some dinner, we actually watched the match. I know the guy for ages but we had never watched any kind of sport event together. So that was a first time. What a way to conclude the weekend. Was feeling really great by the time crashed into the bed. So yeah, hope you guys are doing great and everything is going just the way you want it. And if your team was at the championship too and you didn’t win, suck it. Hehe. Sending love everybody out there. One!
Highlights:
- Tattoo.
- Prague.
- My people.










No comments:
Post a Comment