What’s up, everybody, here we go again. I’m back in the beautiful city of Amsterdam, it’s early morning and it feels good being here again. Taking these breaks from the Czech Republic feels healthy and I’m happy I got reasons to move around a bit. It’s also the first time I’ve traveled to the Netherlands without my winter jacket and even though the weather is colder than in Prague or Brno, it’s pleasant and you can see the effect all over the streets. People are everywhere, public space works, it all looks pretty optimistic.
Last week was pretty eventful. Since my Canadian connect was around, I spent couple of evenings with her and some of friends we have in common. I also took my sis out for dinner once. One of the highlights was Tuesday tho. In the afternoon, me and my dad hopped in a car, loaded it with all kinds of things and went to one of the parks near the city center. See, my nephew had his 5th birthday (it’s fucking crazy how time flies) and my sister organized a party with some of his buddies from the kindergarten and couple of friends. It was all very cool. Kids running around, the bday boy all happy, lotta good snacks and a cake… It was also his first celebration after his moms had separated but that didn’t take anything away from it. Great event. I gave him this huge Lego Train kit and since I was about to leave couple of days after, I was perfectly fine with somebody else building it with him. But when talking about it he confidently stated that we’re building it together and I felt so shit about letting him down that I rearranged my Friday and made sure to make it happen.
Friday after lunch, I went to the kindergarten to pick the boy early and we went to my sis’ place. Now, the train is fucking huge so it took us couple of hours. But it’s cool, it runs on batteries and can be controlled remotely, nephew was excited and eventually fell asleep with it. Super happy we shared that moment.
In the evening, I hopped on a bus to Prague where I caught up with one of my bros and around 11pm, I was on another bus, this time to Amsterdam. Arrived here around 1pm the following day. Since then, it’s been long talks, long walks, evening movies and lots of good food. I even managed to do my regular local run and spent some time at the outdoor workout station in a park nearby. Got two more days over here before moving to The Hague. I hope you guys are safe and well. Keep it positive and don’t entertain bullshit. You know what time it is. One!
Highlights:
- Lego bonding.
- Driving. Had a chance to drive a bit after some time, shit always feels good.
- Amsterdam. Obviously.








No comments:
Post a Comment