Monday, June 17, 2024

Semester 16 Chapter XVI: Brunches

Hello world, I’m gonna keep it brief for this one. Last week was not that eventful; it was another work week after all and at this point, I don’t feel too pressured to spend every spare minute exploring the city. It was some classes, it was the runs, it was workouts, the usual. It was also some soul searching. I got an opportunity to really think deep about certain things, walk through some valleys and spend some quality time with my thoughts. Human psyché is one hell of a thing and never really ceases to surprise me.

 


We had a really nice weekend over here. These super long days feel like a cheat code. You get to do a super slow morning, you get to have your brunch at like 1pm and by 3pm, you’re still looking at around 7 more hours of daylight. Fucking incredible. So yeah, we did brunch at this super lovely café named Quench around the corner both days. One day, we took it easier afterwards (just some runs and Twin Peaks) and on Sunday, we took the bikes and went to Delft which might be like 15km away. I’d been there before but never on a bike and the day was just fucking picturesque. I can’t really stress enough how amazing the cyclist infrastructure is over here. It’s safe, it takes you around lovely residential areas, greenery, lakes… And it’s all flat so it doesn’t even feel like a real workout. We got some drinks at the Delft main square, went back, got some dinner and wrapped the evening up with another episode. This is my first time watching Twin Peaks. Shit is trippy as hell.

 


Oh, and for the past few weeks, I’ve pretty much cut out coffee of my diet. This one hurt as I fucking love coffee. Might be me getting old but I’ve realized that this particular beverage simply doesn’t go well with my stomach anymore. So these days, I do an occasional afternoon coffee but I’m really on about a cup or two a week. To think couple of years ago I drank like 7 cups a day easily… Shit changes. I don’t intend to give it up completely (like no fucking way) but yeah… Had to to something about it.

 


And that’s about it. It’s a beautiful day over here, I got one more class to go and then it’s probably some more time outside. Shout out to all my vegans, all of my sober fuckers and also those who had to cut down on coffee at any point of their lives. I see y’all, we got this. Sending love to everybody reading, too. One!


Highlights:

  • Bike trips.
  • Twin Peaks.
  • Brunches.

No comments:

Post a Comment