What’s up y’all. Checking back in, this time from the rainy Hague. It’s Monday morning, just finished my breakfast, got some classes ahead of me, everything is set. Before I get to it, I gotta point out the difference between weather here and back in the Czech Republic. It’s probably mostly the wind but The Netherlands feels significantly colder. It’s still okay (by far the warmest I’ve experienced so far) but I still do spend most of the time with my sweatshirt on. Anyways, things have been going well so let’s dig in…
I spent the first half of last week in Amsterdam. It was quite a lot of work but I managed to do my regular runs, and me and my friend also spent quite a lot of time outside (went to a pretty awesome pizza place at some point as well). It’s cool experiencing this country without a winter jacket. Wednesday evening, I was on a bus to The Hague and I’ve been here since. And we’ve been out quite a lot too. On Friday, we were hanging out by the sea in the northern part of the city. I’d been there before but the whole evening and our bike ride reminded me that this city is actually pretty cool. It’s not only tribunals, embassies and international institutions. The city center is pretty small, actually. It’s also a lot of nature minutes away on the bike. And traveling by bike is obviously super convenient as there’s proper infrastructure for it. So we spent some time by the beach and we rode around woods, parks, meadows and hills a bit more inland. Oh, and sun goes down like 10:30pm these days which is just amazing. Days feel so long.
Saturday was a bit lazier but we still managed to ride around the city discovering some of its parks. Public space here works (found an outdoor workout spot around the corner btw). And it’s not just bikes and the surrounding sea and greenery. It’s also parks in the city. People go out for barbecues, games and picnics. And there’s animals everywhere. You see ducks and swans just walking around these little lakes. We even saw some deer in a fenced area. On Sunday, we took the bikes and went to the Hoek, which is a point by the sea around 15km south. There’s a beautiful cycle path leading to it with many opportunities to turn to the beach or to one of plenty villages nearby. On the way, we got some tea, we had some snacks with us and in Hoek, we visited a 2nd World War museum. See, this area was pretty active during the war and over the years they have found many of soldiers’ personal items around. There were also some weapons and shit like that. Again, a fucking beautiful sunny day. Haven’t seen this place like this before.
So yeah, that’s about it. I’m happy things are the way they are and I’m feeling good. Hope you guys are well, too. Sending some love to everybody out there. One!
Highlights:
- Amsterdam.
- The Hague.
- Bikes.

















No comments:
Post a Comment