Hey guys, here we go again. Another Monday morning, new Kehlani bumping out of speakers, everything is set. Got couple more days before leaving The Netherlands and we’ve finally got some proper summer weather here. When it’s sunny, sometimes you actually feel hot even in short sleeves which is definitely a welcomed upgrade.
Last week was mostly business as usual. Work, workouts and trips to my new outdoor workout spot, runs, evening hangouts, the good stuff. One of those evenings, I got out to this Bowie bar to meet for a drink and on Friday, we got invited to this b-day party. Before that, we got some cool vegan dinner at a restaurant nearby and some wine. I obviously didn’t know a single soul at the event. It took place at an apartment, there were loads of booze, there was a dj, people were dancing… To be honest, I’m not quite accustomed to such settings but it kinda worked. I also decided to have couple of real (alcoholic) drinks while at it. Pretty much to see what an extended time of not drinking does to the sensation, the vibe and all that. Now, I did have fun, it was all pretty entertaining but I also kinda confirmed that I’ve pretty much grown up from getting smashed. It’s not appealing, the alcohol high isn’t that great and it’s all really not worth it. Might experiment with it occasionally when to moment feels right but for the most part, I’m staying on this sober track. Works just fine.
Saturday was kinda lazy. A café visit, picnic in a park. There was this market in our neighborhood. They shut couple of streets and different vendors were selling out their goods. The day was gorgeous and weather stayed like that the following day too. Sunday was much more active. My friend invited me to this yoga class. She has just started going regularly and I figured I might try out too. So at 8am I was posted up at a yoga place for a 1 hour session. Once again, I got reminded how not great I am in terms of flexibility and once again, it felt pretty rewarding being able to do certain things a bit better by the end. Not entirely sure if yoga’s ever gonna become my regular thing but it might be worth considering at some point. After that, we took it to our favorite café Quench (I feel good having a coffee place I go to regularly here), got some lunch and then went for a Canal tour which my friend picked. It was a 90-minute thing which took us around the city center, we had an English speaking guide on the boat, it was all super nice. After that, we hopped on bikes and went to a beach. Oh yeah, we get to swim in the sea finally. After some time over there, we went back home for dinner and some more Twin Peaks.
And that’s that. June is slowly coming to its end which means a bit more time back in the Czech Republic but I’ll probably be here sometime soon. Hope you guys are doing well and everything’s going just the way you want to. Sending love to everybody out there. One!
Highlights:
- Canal tour.
- Beach weather.
- Yoga.










No comments:
Post a Comment