Sunday, May 5, 2024

Semester 16 Chapter X: Norwegian Wood

It’s that time of the week again so I’m back on this blog shit. Kinda crazy realizing how long I’ve been doing it. My fist semester in Shanghai feels like a different lifetime. But hey, there’s still couple of y’all out there checking for this so here we go. Before going any further, I’m gonna spend a minute on this Kendrick/Drake situation. Over the week, it has become nuclear. I don’t think I’ve seen anybody brutalizing anybody in rap the way Kendrick’s been doing Drake. It’s dark, it’s nuts, it’s fun, it’s an event. And Kendrick is unloading like every half an hour at this point. Again, good times to be a rap fan.

Okay, so last week… There was my dad’s trivia, there was a hangout with one of my bros but for the most part, I wasn’t being too social. Figured I need a bit of peace. Friday evening, I took my bike and went to the city planetarium to check out a program on black holes. That never gets old. It was enjoyable, the visuals were stunning, space is fascinating. Saturday afternoon, I met up with my cycling buddy and we took it to the town of Bílovice as some of people I know were opening a restaurant over there. It was a good ride there, good chat and then a great ride back. It was super dark and there’s no lights around the cycle pathway so the only sources of light were attached on our bikes. Always enjoyed that, looks like a David Lynch movie.

I’ve been running a bit more recently, too. Plus all the workouts, meditations, keeping my energy levels clean. On top of that, I finished Murakami’s Norwegian Wood. Read some of his other novels previously but this one is exceptionally good. Feels light, feels simple and smooth but cuts deep. The main character felt very relatable, it was a great read. After some time, I wrote and recorded some lyrics, too. Felt good spending some time doing that.

Okay, and that’s about it. Just checked and seems I made no pictures last week, so this time it’s gonna be just text. Hope y’all doing well. Sending some positive vibes to everybody out there. One!


Highlights:

  • Hip-hop.
  • Planetarium.
  • Running.

No comments:

Post a Comment