Okay, here we ago again. A bit delayed but better late than never. Since my last entry, I spent some quality time in Brno, I did two days in Prague and I have also made it back to The Netherlands. Feels like things have been pretty hectic and intense. To the point where simply finding time to write these couple of paragraphs felt like mission impossible. But here we are so let’s get to it. Kicking off semester 18…
After I finished my last chapter, I hopped on a bus to Brno, immediately met up with my dad at his pub and drove to a house just outside of Brno where his partner held a celebration of her birthday. Since I was the only guy with no intentions of drinking anything alcoholic, I naturally turned into a designated driver. It was a fun afternoon and evening with some good food, good talks and eventually with some singing too, as karaoke machine happened to be one of the gifts. Pretty much just a Bluetooth speaker with some wireless mics but it does the job.
The whole week in the Czech Republic was intense in the most positive sense. I did have a lot of work but I also had a chance to catch up with everybody. All my favorite people. Picked up my nephew from the kindergarten once, built some legos with him one evening, went to my dad’s trivia night, stopped by at my favorite sauna spot, covered all the bases. Friday evening, I arrived to Prague, and till my departure Saturday night, it was nothing but good vibes and hangouts with my peers. I’ll be back mid-April and I will stay a bit longer so things are a bit less rushed. Still super grateful for everything and everybody back home. Oh, and shout out to Gin the dog. Felt good walking the little buddy again.
I got back to The Hague Sunday afternoon and it’s been back to the usual since. I’m back on yoga, I have quite a lot of work… Weather has been getting better. Haven’t had a chance to go for a run yet but I intend to fix that soon. Oh, and I’m actively looking for a road bike for the summer. I really want to explore a bit more of this country on a bike. It’s flat, there’s cycle lanes everywhere… It seems pretty exciting. I also got in touch with a local dive center and apparently, there is some diving around here. I have never dived with a dry suit and I’m not really a fan of the idea but I do want to stop by and learn what can be done. Because if I find a way to dive in this motherfucker… We’re looking at a game changer.
And then you got the world. Then you got Trump and that bitch-ass sucker Vance ambushing Zelenskyy in the oval office. You got Musk plundering everything he touches, you got white supremacy being normalized, you got hate being celebrated. Musk recently said that “empathy is a weakness”. And I really think he should stop talking. And doing things. And breathing. All that shit has been so wild lately, it’s really difficult to predict what happens next. And we should probably brace ourselves. And never give up. Empathy is strength, connection is key, everyday actions are important. We cannot get compromised, we cannot get cynical. Not now, not never. Shout out to Bernie, shout out to Ukraine, shout out to Gaza, shout out to people who care, shout out to love, shout to compassion, shout out to feminism, shout out to veganism, shout out to acceptance and dialogue. Shit is accelerating, shit is escalating, shit looks unreal. But this does not mean it’s over. Because it can’t. No way. Sending love to everybody out there. One!
Highlights:
- Empathy.
- Love.
- Compassion.







No comments:
Post a Comment