Okay, here we go again. The weather has been fucking awesome these past couple days. I try to spend some time outdoors even when the weather is shit but we are entering that time of the year when being out there is just a treat. So yeah.. It’s been sunny, it’s been warm, it’s been positive. Crazy how big of an impact this has on one’s mood. Everything’s lighter and better.
The rest of the last week was quite usual. On Friday, I got out to grab dinner at this Vegan Pizza spot and spent some time downtown while at it. The Hague does not have my type of vibe but it’s still pretty cool to get out there once in a while. And now you can see many people chilling outside, it all looks much more lively and bubbly…
On Saturday, I ended up doing a trip to Rotterdam (a place that does have my type of vibe). The first stop was their Kuuma Sauna. It’s the same franchise we use in The Hague and that we have tried in Leiden before. Simple container with sauna, drinking water and ice old buckets outside. The Rotterdam joint is located in front of this old industrial building turned into a cultural place and is also right by water. With no access to it. Which makes sense as you can only assume that these city canals are not very clean. But the experience was lovely as usual. We did pretty fucking amazing lunch in Vegan Backstage Kitchen (sending some love to them!) and then proceeded to meet up with a guy selling bikes. And I got myself one. Vintage road bike, a Dutch make, everything totally in order, came with this old-school computer, light as fuck… Not even that expensive. Very happy with the purchase. We then went for some dinner at this Eritrean place and eventually hopped on a train back home. The whole day over there felt nice. The city has cool energy, it’s cute and I hope to spend some more time there this year.
Sunday was mostly chilled but I did took the new bike for a ride down to Hoek. That thing flies. Again, super happy I figured that out. Good bicycle is usually the first thing I get when I move to a new place because it does improve my life by a lot. Took a bit longer here but here we go. And you gotta understand that over here everything is bike friendly. The whole ride I was surrounded either by trees, dunes or beaches. With no cars around. Definitely wanna do much more of that.
Today it was back to work, back to yoga, but also back to outdoor workout. And some running. And some coffee in a park. Because outside is nice now. Hope you guys are doing well, hope thing go exactly as you want them to go, hope you keep it positive. Don’t let anybody fuck with your inner light. One!
Highlights:
- New bike.
- Rotterdam.
- Vegan Pizza Bar | Backstage Vegan Kitchen. Love.












No comments:
Post a Comment