Okay, here we go again. I feel I’ve taken up so much work recently, it is really difficult to keep up with things. In a way, it’s a good thing. Doing what I do, you got times when things go better and times when things go worse. Sometimes there’s more to do, sometimes there’s less. Guess we’re at the “more” stage. And yeah, in the ideal world, we would all work like 2 hours a day on something meaningful and spend the rest of our days caring about one another and creating, but given the world we actually live in, my situation is not that bad. I’m sure it’s all gonna come crashing down at some point but until I get there, I might as well enjoy the ride.
So what has happened since the last time. After the glimpse of spring about 10 days ago, we got back to winter. For a week. Turned out that putting my winter jacket deep inside a wardrobe was a premature move. Weather has been nice tho. Mostly sunny and generally pleasant. Last weekend, we did a bike trip to Leiden a let me tell you… These rides here are simply beautiful. So happy I got that bike. It’s like unlocking a completely new dimension around here. On Sunday, we checked the Photo Museum in The Hague, stopped by for some brunch and mostly took it easy. Monday, we did the Kuuma sauna by the beach after some time, too. That does not get old. Sea is still quite cold but we managed to hit to sunset so the whole experience was very picturesque. Shit looked a painting.
And there there was Wednesday. I got a memo that there’s this Lola Café and that they do community bike rides. Two during the week, two on weekends. Open to everybody. Now, I have done one of those some time ago in Brno. Back then, I showed up wearing basketball shorts and a t-shirt with a vintage heavy bike and ended up riding in a group of people on some next-level high-end shit. Felt really out of pocket. Now, there was no reason to assume this would be any different but I was kinda hoping that there might be another guy like me. Well, there wasn’t. This time I was a bit better prepared, tho. Got myself some cycling shorts, brought some lights, extra tubes and all… I was still the only one riding in Chucks and with an Adidas jumper. We did 40km to the town of Nordwijk, keeping the average speed at around 32km/h. I ended up joining for a beer downtown after. And I really got a whole lotta respect from pretty much everybody. Most of those people really didn’t expect me to keep up and many of them seemed to be pretty impressed. I mean… It does makes sense… I overheard people mentioning that their new bike was nearly 9000 EUR which is about 8820 EUR more than mine. So yeah… That’s what I was dealing with. But it was super cool, it was super fun, I got added into some of their groups and I’m sure I’ll show up for another ride soon. Bicycle is definitely one of the best inventions humans have ever come up with. And that’s on everything.
So yeah… It’s been that, some hangouts, some dinners, lot of work… And I’m also back on my outdoor workouts. Everything gets better with good weather. It’s Friday evening, gonna try a veggie bistro I haven’t tried before, all is well. And I’m so ready for the weekend. This time it feels pretty well deserved. Shout to out to all my people, all the cyclists and vegans out there. Don’t let anybody fuck with your inner light. One!
Highlights:
- Cycling.
- Hot yoga. Still love that shit.
- White Lotus. That shit gets too funny sometimes.








No comments:
Post a Comment