Sunday, September 21, 2025

Semester 19 Chapter IV: Freedom Of Speech

Okay, let’s get to this. I’ve heard right-wing people calling leftists names for ages now. I’ve heard right-wing politicians ridicule and laugh at violence performed on leftists, too. I’ve heard some of them say the most outrageous shit, I’ve heard them spewing hate, being openly racists or misogynist, and when confronted I’ve heard them say that us leftists are a bunch of snowflakes and soy-boys and we should grow a pair. I’ve heard so many of these fuckers laughing to the face of political correctness as if it was something terrible and dangerous. Because calling black people n-word, homosexuals f-word and women b-word is apparently freedom. I’ve heard them promoting the most inhuman stances on integration, inclusion, birth control, religion and the list goes fucking on. And that’s why the aftermath of this Kirk assassination is so disturbing. I’m gonna say it again. This man should not have been killed. But it’s also fuck literally everything he stood for. If I had to come up with the most repulsive agenda imaginable on pretty much every issue I care about, I would come up with this gentleman. But the way they weaponize his death to crackdown on everybody not praising alt-right politics and Donald Trump specifically is out of this world. Kimmel got canceled for literally playing a clip of Trump blabbering and he’s just another item on the list of voices being silenced. The whole administration is deep in culture wars, taking every chance to portray the left as some sort of organized mob that needs to be reported, silenced and destroyed. The country is on the verge of civil war and instead of calming things down, people in charge pour fuel into the fire. And there have been cases of people attacking and killing one another for their opinions already. Where is your freedom of speech now? How is citing and referencing things you dickheads have actually said a problem? Who is the snowflake now? No fucking accountability whatsoever. America has a real problem. It has had a problem for a while and now it seems to be spiraling out of control. My heart goes to everybody fighting the good fight over there. Been enjoying the Daily Show a lot lately. And for us in Europe… We should be watching all of this very fucking carefully. There are forces bubbling here right under our noses with a very similar agenda. There are people who see all of this and it’s like their wettest dream coming true. And we should do everything in our power to prevent that shit from happening. Donald trump is a rapist, criminal, crook and most likely a pedophile (where’s the list, bro?), JD Vance is a puppet and a joke and Charlie Kirk was a despicable piece of shit. All of them are calculated opportunists and they have nothing to do with Christianity or democracy. Fox News are cocksuckers and the whole administration is so corrupt and rotten, it’s kinda difficult to believe. And the next time, shove all your snowflake talk up your asses. You cannot be taken seriously, you lie every time you open your mouths and you apply double standards so blatantly, it makes almost any rational debate with y’all impossible. Sincerely, a soy-boy.

 


Back to this thing tho. Last week was one of the good ones. That was not surprising but it was definitely needed. Things have been quite rocky so I’m happy I got to unwind a bit. I got to Prague last Saturday early morning, slept for couple of hours and then did a run with one of my bros. It had been a while since I’d done that over there and it was great. Sometimes I remind myself how beautiful the city is. Cycling infrastructure could be much better but the city itself is truly magnificent. In the afternoon, we took it to my friends’ tattoo shop, I helped a bit with getting everything ready and around 4pm the opening event started. It was super cool. There was some amazing vegan catering, there were djs, there were some of my favorite people. Later at night, we took it back to my friends’ spot for some after-party. Got to bed sometime in the morning and stuck around for the rest of the day. We got some food, we cleaned the studio, we did a short photo-shoot for their new merch, and after 8pm I was on a bus to Brno.

 


On Monday, I went for a morning hot yoga class and in the evening I stopped by at my dad’s trivia night along with my sister and her partner. That was fun. Tuesday afternoon, me, my dad and his friend went outside of Brno to this small village where my dad’s partner’s daughter lives. She needed some help with cutting wood and we ended up being the dynamic trio making it happen. Good food, some old-school work under the sun… Wish I did shit like that a bit more often.

 


Wednesday, me and sis met up once more for some dinner at Vegalite and we eventually got joined by another of my friends. Good food, chilled evening. On Thursday, it was some sibling time once again. My sister got some tickets to the Reduta Theater and tagged me along. So after a really long fucking time, I dressed up and went to catch a play. See, Reduta is one of the scenes of the national theater. It’s the smallest out of three in Brno and they normally do a bit more edgy stuff than the other two. And this one was experimental as hell. The performance that evening was Like Lovers Do (Memoirs of Medusa) written by an Israeli author and it was all about sexual violence. Now, in my opinion, it’s super tricky approaching these topics artistically. Very often they come out flat, patronizing and annoying. Like… I’m vegan and I consider climate change a real problem. And it’s not difficult to make a case for that scientifically. But writing a poem about that is a bit of a different sport. And I really got to give credit to that play. There were pretty much no characters nor a story line. It was more like a flow of associations, stories and pictures and it gave plenty of space for the audience to connect the dots. It was disturbing, sometimes it was aggressive but it worked well. After the play, they hosted a live podcast for one of major news outlets in the Czech Republic. There were two hosts plus a lawyer and a woman from a non-profit organization helping victims of domestic abuse. It was an interesting hour of conversation followed by some Q&A. I participated in that, too. We wrapped up the evening by a drink with the director of the play and her partner. Grateful for the whole experience.

 


Friday afternoon, I treated myself with some sauna and later on, I met up with one of my bros for a beer. Had a video call with one of my friends afterwards and called it a night. On Saturday, one of my best friends was supposed to come to Brno from this tiny ass village about one and a half hour away, but he learned that there were no buses on weekends. So I did him a solid, arranged a car and went to pick him up. The car didn’t have bluetooth but it did have a CD player which made me dust off some pieces of my old collection and it turned out to be a pretty cool road trip. Got some lunch with him and his gf under the sun (the day was beautiful) and later in the afternoon we were back in Brno. Spent the rest of day chilling with some of my favorite people. Initially, I was considering going to rave but at the end I didn’t really feel like it. Went for proper sleep instead.

 


It’s yet another lovely Sunday morning and we’re about to do a cycling trip in couple of minutes. Got another week before heading back to The Netherlands and things are looking quite packed until then. In the best way possible. Hope y’all well. Take it easy, keep it positive, don’t entertain bullshit and don’t you ever let them fuck with your inner light. One!


Highlights:

  • Brno. The city is so alive these days. Concerts, people everywhere, beautiful vibe. I tend to take it for granted but objectively it’s very impressive.
  • Sauna.
  • People.

No comments:

Post a Comment