Okay, here we fucking go. I’m just gonna go ahead and start with the updates on my next year’s Malaysian adventure. Just because I’m so happy it’s rolling. So I have confirmed everything, I have paid for plane tickets, I have booked hotels for those few days before and after the program, and I have also booked one for Doha on the way back as I have about 21 hour layover over there. I have bought a new 3mm wet suit. I was considering taking my old 7mm one but then I figured that even my sensitive ass should be fine with something thinner in waters of 29 degrees. I mean… Most people dive in swim shorts and bikinis over there. I have also got a pair of gloves – those I don’t need for insulation but rather for manipulating with objects. The shop I bought the gear from is on the outsikrts of Brno so I took the opportunity to do a lovely bike ride there while at it. I have sent the deposit and paid for travel insurance, too. I believe I’ve done everything there is to be done at this stage. I like travels lined up in advance, I like things to look forward to and this is going to be something else.
The Czech Republic has been treating me well. I’m always happy to be back here. On Monday, I took it to my dad’s pub for the final trivia night where we placed fourth. It amazes me how popular this event is. The place was packed and people were really into it. My sis showed up too. Tuesday, I reunited with two of my friends. Thursday, my sis invited me for a play in the Mahen theater. It had been a while since my last visit. As a kid, I used to play there for a year or two and being in the auditorium now made me wonder how the fuck was I managing to keep it cool and not to get all nervous and shit. It’s a pretty big fucking place. After the play, we went down to the theater club for some drinks. Also felt like time travel. The place looks exactly as I remember it.
On Friday, I went to my favorite sauna. After that, it was back downtown where my sis threw her delayed bday party. The venue was Fryends – one of the best vegan joints in town. Delicious dinner followed by some drinks at dad’s. Saturday morning, I was on my way to Prague. Had a chance to catch up with some of my favorite people. Eventually, I made it to my friends’ tattoo shop to consult a side face tattoo. See, for the time being, I decided not to fuck up my face with tattoos completely. That moment might come later on down the line but for now, I’m happy with my face being my face. I had been playing with getting some details on the side tho. I wasn’t sure whether we would do anything but one of my friend is an absolute beast when it comes to shit like that, he immediately understood the assignment and since I loved the design, we went for it. So after centuries, I got some new ink. It was definitely the shortest session I’ve ever done. Designing took quite some time but the execution was barely 20 minutes. After all that, we took it to my friends’ spot and we hung out until early morning. 5 heavily tatted up vegans, my tribe. One of the girls brought a box of Christmas sweets and I totally overdosed on those.
I was back in Brno for Sunday lunch, went for a yoga class in my local studio in the afternoon and wrapped it up quite early as I’d stacked up some sleep deficit. I still got some work to do this week but it’s pretty light as most people are already somewhere on holiday. Oh, and I got myself a new pair of headphones for work. My old ones were torn up, right side wasn’t really working, it was a bit overdue. I would also shout out News Feed Eradicator. It's a Firefox add-on I've recently installed and as the name suggests, it completely kills news feeds on socials. No more doom-scrolling, no more spam, much more time. Don't miss any of that at all. Anyways, hope y’all good. Take it easy, keep it light, keep it positive, don’t entertain bullshit and don’t let them fuck with your inner light. One!
Highlights:
- Planning.
- My people.
- New ink.



No comments:
Post a Comment