Hey guys, here we go again. Many things have happened since the last time we spoke and I’m gonna share some of the highlights with y’all. Been on some Lil Wayne appreciation wave recently. I feel bad for how not great things are going for him these days but from 2004 to like 2014 he was untouchable. Feels like the well of legendary material from that era is bottomless. And the guy will forever be one of the main reasons I picked the mic up myself. So yeah, been listening to loads of that.
Okay, so last weekend was sports, sports and more sports. I did tons of yoga, I did a 20km social run, I did a 2km swim, it all felt great. Bit of a warm-up for what was about to happen the weekend after. Over the week, I had some awesome meet-ups and I also attended a high-school reunion. Fucking 20 years since graduation. I had not been in touch with any of my former classmates and I was a bit curious about what the whole thing would look like. Well, obviously a 38-year-old guy with tattoos on his head, no spouses, no divorces, no children and no solid business plans kinda sticks out. I did have some good conversations tho. Don’t feel the urge of keeping in touch with anybody over there still but I’m happy I came and I intend to do it again when the time comes. Shout out to the guys organizing it!
And then the weekend came. My first organized running race ever. Been running for about 15 years but never participated in an official race. I learned about this one from some of my friends who always volunteer at a food stand over there. It’s called Happy Run, this was its 10th year and they always pick a kid with some severe disease and collect money for treatment and medical equipment. You pay a starting fee which goes to the cause, everybody who works there volunteers and they have also snowballed a whole bunch of sponsors over the years. The event took place in a village named Studenec – an area I’m pretty familiar with since we’d gone there quite a lot when I was a kid. I went with a guy I know and at the spot, we joined another friend of ours. It was very well organized, there were some family races, games, program for kids… And then two main races – 6km and 11km. I registered for the latter, picked up my pack (number 103 with my name next to it, an ankle chip tracking my movement and some small gifts) and at 3pm I took off. There were about 80 runners – some looking very professional and fit, some looking a bit more casual. Very soon, I realized I would not be competing for a top 3 spot – those guys were basically pros. However, it was also very clear I will not finish too far behind. The first 3km I was self-scanning a lot making sure nothing hurt and I could maintain my tempo. Then I just let it go and kept to my rhythm. Finished 10th (7th in the category of men 15-39 years) at the pace of 4:31/km, broke my personal 10km record, felt fucking great. My final time for the whole 11km race was 00:48:26.4. Really proud of that fucking shit. Had I trained a bit more before the race, I could have done even a bit better but this felt awesome as it was. And happy I got to connect something fun with something that hopefully helped somebody somewhere. They collected good 20k EUR for the family, it was all very touching.
I spent most of today at my friend’s spot outside of Brno. Connected that with a pretty epic bike ride. A hangout with his fam, good talks, figuring out some music shit… Nice day. Got one more meet-up downtown coming up, listening to some more Wayne, feeling good. Hope you guys are good, too! Keep it light, keep it positive, don’t entertain bullshit and don’t let them fuck with your inner light. One!
Highlights:
- Running.
- Cycling.
- Hangouts.





No comments:
Post a Comment