Friday, August 28, 2026

Semester 20 Chapter XXIII: 40 Nights

Okay, so Game has released the third installment of the Documentary series. I still remember copping the first Documentary more than 20 years ago. Feels crazy. Now, I don’t think this album is anywhere near the original in terms of quality but it is a pretty good listen. And when I got to the “40 Nights” track, I fucking lost my mind. I mean, the song is aight but the beat is pure insanity. The sample, the base, the drums. I pressed rewind like 100 times and when I got home I downloaded the instrumental just so I can write something and rap over it myself. And boy, was that fun. Our album is ready but I might do shit like this here and there as a lyrical exercise. It has very 2000s mixtape era vibe. And I’m all for it.


So what has happened… Life is good, I’m out quite a lot collecting moments and memories. Haven’t really had time to write another chapter up until now. I’ve been on the same old but I also squeezed two sauna sessions in withing the past two weeks and I also fucking squeezed a nerve in my right arm. Went for an arm balance class and later on that day I rested my arm in a wrong position (I guess) and got some pins and needles which would not fucking go. After 5 days of that, I went to the doctor’s and then to a neurologist and then got an appointment with an orthopedist. It’s most likely not and inflammation and I can exercise with it – I should just be a bit more cautious and don’t overdo shit. Hope it gets back to normal soon….


Last Saturday, I went to Prague to meet up with a friend of mine who lives in Vancouver and who was here for a couple of weeks to visit her family. We got some lunch, we hang at Náplavka and talked for hours and hours. After some dinner and one final drink I was on my way back to Brno. Sunday morning, I was posted up in front of the Pikola café around the corner for yet another social run. This one was quite chill. We did over 20km but the pace was rather slow and I got a chance to chat with some cool people while at it.


Because of my hand, I cut down on yoga a bit and I also reduced the number of pull-up repetitions. I am still moving a lot tho hoping I’m not making it worse in the process. It’s Friday afternoon, I got another yoga class ahead and a weekend full of cool plans coming up right after. Hope you guys are doing well, too. Keep it light, keep it positive, don’t entertain bullshit and don’t let them fuck with your inner light. One!


Highlights:

  • Sauna ceremonials.
  • Rapping.
  • Running.

No comments:

Post a Comment