Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Semester 2 Chapter IX: Vegan Shit & Jazz Shit


I love this fucking city. Every time I walk around this motherfucker Every time I ride around this motherfucker Day or night Reading in parks, hanging out with my peers, drinking beer outside Watching all those skyscrapers, smelling all the street food and feeling the energy of countless of nations that all kinda melt here It still amazes me. After all this time


Like in many other parts of the world, we had a state holiday on May 1st, so the city got little more chilled in terms of traffic, and little more active in terms of culture. I used that opportunity to visit the last day of the second Shanghai vegan fest that took place on a rooftop of one of the malls close to m50. All those crepes, pancakes, chocolates Damn


They also organized this jazz fest in Jingan Park so I met with my vegan peers as well as people from the school and spent some time over there. It was super dope. People of different races, ages, cultures, sexual orientation All spending time together dancing, having picnics, sitting or lying around, smoking and drinking right in the city center Not bad for a communist country, right? We wrapped up the special day in a bar with a bunch of people playing Cards Against Humanity So yeah, awesome day


I wanted to do some partying last weekend but I got little sick for a day so I decided to give up on that. Gonna have to do it soon already having mild clubbing withdrawal symptoms. I kinda like that once summer kicked in, lotta shit happens organically. There are lots of things going on, I get lots of messages from people I know wanting to do stuff, its a really cool part of a year


Its getting tougher in the school though. The end of semester is approaching so we get more exams and assignments. However, thats all gonna end in about a month and then the vacay starts. I also started posting my room to different groups and online listings trying to get rid of it before I leave. Dont really want to pay the rent over the summer and my contract is due in October. I hope, Ill manage to find someone to take over

Highlights:

  • Chinese flags put all along main road in the city for the holiday.
  • Like 70 years old Chinese guy dancing his ass off at the jazz fest. And like 50 people cheering for him. Something incredible.
  • Im the One by Khaled. I dont particularly like the song but I cant get it out of my head and I dig the line-up. I guess thats the summer talking. And every new Wayne verse is a win...

No comments:

Post a Comment