Friday, May 12, 2017

Semester 2 Chapter X: More Parks, More Tunes, More Art, More Life



Whats up yall. Lets get right to it. Last Friday, I paid a visit to Dada after some time for a party. I don't remember much of it but it was a dope one. Taking advantage of the summer weather, we hung out in a park across the street drinking some beers beforehand life is much better when its not cold. I also have to shout out Shanghai for parks. Im sure I mentioned it before but I have never seen a poorly maintained park around here. All parks are clean, super people friendly, they have playgrounds or some fitness equipment, shitload of flowers and different kinds of trees, lakes, statues The really do set the bar high

 
My German friend who was here two week ago came to town once again so I joined him and couple of his friends for a dinner. We went to one of my favorite joint, JenDow by Jingan temple, however, this was my first experience with the restaurant on the second floor. The place has like 4 stories the ground floor is the most popular and also the cheapest one, the other floors are little pricier. It was cool as hell though lots of mock meat, veggies Everything on point. After that we hung out outside, drinking some beer and we followed a Swedish guy who suggested to visit some bizarre Japanese place on my street. We got this little room for ourselves, the Swedish guy ordered a bottle of some Japanese shit that tasted like weak whiskey (and it was quite good) and talked till like 3am. I loved the fact that for the whole time, they played reggae music it so didnt fit anything over there.


What kinda bothers me is street food trucks and stands disappearing. The noodle lady and her competition isnt around anymore over the night and according to my peers, same goes for another areas in the city. If they try to shut the street food game down, they are fucking retarded. It adds so much soul and value to the night life, the whole idea of terminating it is just nuts. And yeah in terms of hygiene, licenses and shit like that, it might be quite debatable but shit like that makes China beautiful. I read that they passed a law banning street food in Thailand recently and it pretty much fucks up the whole energy of their cities I honestly hope this is some kinda temporary measure and Im gonna see the lady back on her grind soon


Yesterday, I met up with one of my classmates, we took bikes and did a big ass trip around Shanghai. It was like 30 degrees, sunny and overall perfect. Among other things, we checked out newly opened Expo Museum, located in the former Expo area close to the Powerstation of Art. Its free, its huge, the venue looks fantastic and had to cost millions. It pretty much summarizes history of all Expos ever since 19th century all the way till like 2020. In 2019, they plan to do one in Beijing so I might actually have a chance of seeing that

Im trying to focus on school as much as possible but you know how it goes With all the social media, with so many music releases, with so much Shanghai all around It gets challenging. Anyways weve got around 3 weeks to go in school and so far, so good... 



Highlights:

  • Caoxi Park that one is just awesome.
  • The Expo Museum building. Neat as a motherfucker.
  • New pieces from Island6 at M50. Those guys keep killing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment