Friday, May 26, 2017

Semester 2 Chapter XII: Finish Line


Okay, so we got one more week to go in school. So far, I havent fucked up and if I manage to keep my shit together for couple more days, first academic year spent in China will be successfully concluded.



When it comes to social shit, I spent couple of nights last week outside just drinking beer with people and watching Chinese shit happen. One of the best spot for Chinese shit is Huashan Greenland a park across the street from Dada. You can randomly spot people practicing opera singing, playing saxophone or dancing. We even got a local engaging into a conversation with us. If you decide to waste your precious time over there, theres a good chance some weird shit is gonna go down.


On Friday, me and my friend went to check this skateboard event close to Expo Area at the Southpark Skatepark. Not too many people but pretty chilled energy, lotta people on skateboards and longboards... The place was right by the river and it really made me feel like grabbing my longboard again... Gonna do that after I get back home. For sure..


I also went to this French bar on Shanhaihuan Road with my friend. That was kinda painful tho. It was some birthday party of a female I didnt know and the whole shit was like a textbook definition of normcore. People, energy, place. After one beer I fled, walked around the city, got some noodles at the noodle lady and went home. In China, you can use smartphones to pay for nearly everything. Im a cash guy so I dont really care but if you want to, you can literally just wechat the money for night street food to the vendor. The stand looks old and dirty, the whole thing seems to be barely legal but you can pay with your phone. If thats not cyberpunk, I dont know what is.


Yesterday, I met up with my cycling partner again. I think we really managed to make our trips a proper weekly thing. We met at Panyu Lu, went for a long time west by the Wusong river and then all the way up north to the Shanghai University campus (which is very nice btw). We continued south-east all the way to Shanghai Railway Station and got back to Jingan. All for all, 60 kilometers. I did like extra 16 in the morning by myself plus I went for a run and some workout so yeah yesterday I felt aight. And the dinner in on of super local cheap Chinese places nearby my building tasted real good.


The next weeks gonna be little tough but I believe alls gonna end up just fine. The summer is still on, sun is shining, we got blue sky almost every day Cant really complain.


Highlights:

  • Bought plane tickets to Antalya for August. Cant wait to see my second home again.
  • Lil Yachty just released his debut album. And its dope.
  • Finally discovered the perfect meal in the university canteen. Vegan, spicy and super customizable. Not that I eat there too often but this ones a bomb.

No comments:

Post a Comment