Friday, May 19, 2017

Semester 2 Chapter XI: Centuries & Miles


Checking-in again. This past week was kind of a chilled one didnt do much crazy shit. I met with my vegan friend last Friday, went to some bizarre normcore Brazilian bar by East Yanan Lu and got faded as shit. When I felt I'm baked enough, I got the fuck up and decided to take a long walk around night Shanghai. Among other things, I saw a big ass truck loading off a batch of bicycles on a sidewalk. The amount of different public shared bike companies is really astonishing. Apart from the major ones (orange Mobike and yellow OFO), we got light blue, dark blue, green (those come with little electric motor too) and just recently I noticed silver bikes in Jingan area too. The market is huge. And the fact that you can just leave the bike anywhere after you use it is just remarkable I tried to register for OFO bikes but for some reason I keep getting fucking error messages. Gonna have to sort it out I mean I have a bike but using a service like that kinda enables you to take one way rides only which would be extremely useful especially on night-out occasions


 
When I got close to my home and again didnt see any street food stands around, I kinda made it my mission to find my noodle lady. I really felt like having that oily, spicy shit. Took me a while but, believe it or not, I found her in one of the laneways around. She might be the only night street food vendor who survived around my place, and she still has to noodle game on lock. So yeah, everythings perfect again


Its kinda hard to force myself to stay indoors lately because of the summer weather. Instead of reading and doing school assignments, I often just get out and do whatever outdoor shit I feel like doing. Thats gotta change a little though Two more weeks to go at the university and I do have to wrap it all up somehow


Yesterday, I met up with a friend again and we did a big ass bike trip around Pudong area. Started in French concession, went to the Bund, took a ferry, randomly rode around the district and ended up visiting the Century Park the biggest park in Shanghai. Its also probably the only that charges for entry (10 RBM) - it's definitely worth it though. Big lakes, colorful gardens, lots of trees, small paths that let you get lost for a bit Really a cool fucking place


We continued up north, rode under the biggest buildings in the city in the financial center and took another ferry northern from Shanghai TV tower. We ended up in Jen Dow for a hot pot after 40 km ride it felt well deserved


And there you have it Another week passed, Im enjoying last weeks of being in my twenties and one of my bros got married somewhere in fucking Mauritius. I mean guess we are getting old



Highlights:
  • Pudong lot of Chinese energy in that district too. Takes about 10 minutes to get from the most cyberpunkish skyscraper area to usual Chinese side roads with all those Chinese stores, food stands and mini marts you see everywhere else. Its surreal.
  • Visibility I stopped checking air quality a while ago just to stay sane. However, recently Shanghai really displays blue sky and decent visibility. Combine that shit with summer and alls super gucci.
  • Travis Scott just released 3 new tracks. Just saying

No comments:

Post a Comment