Sunday, June 11, 2017

Semester 2 Chapter XIV: Classical Music & Johnie


Last week was quite fun. I submitted all the papers for the university and although Im gonna have to adjust one, I already feel like the work is done. And it does feel good.


On Wednesday, on the way from school, I stopped by at Shanghai South Railway Station to get my tickets to Beijing for the next week. Initially, I was considering getting the cheap ones and do like 15 hours train ride but I decided not to. Im gonna spend there like 5 days so I dont really have that much time to waste. I went for the high-speed option so the ride is gonna take less than 5 hours


My friend invited me to this concert on Thursday in Shanghai Oriental Art Center. The poster was in Chinese so I didnt really have a clue what I was signing up to. I kinda understood that it would be a classical music event Given the fact, the venue is nearby Science and Technology Museum, the location of one of the biggest fake markets in the city, I decided to get over with shopping for my sister. She wanted me to buy get her some shoes and caps and I kept postponing it cause I really hate shopping. So, I took my bike around 3pm and with a little help of ferry got over there, and successfully got all that 100% guaranteed branded shit. 


When I met with all the people later on, I realized Im fucking underdressed as hell. Everyone was on their super formal shit and I came with shorts and t-shirt. Oriental Art Center is a huge modern concert hall pretty impressive inside and out. The concert was amazing its been a long time since Ive heard classical music live.


My way back home got kinda adventurous too. The night ride under the skyscrapers in Pudong was great. However, I didnt have a fucking clue that ferries stop at 10pm and although I got to the dock like 21:55, they refused to sell me the ticket for the last one. Because China, motherfucker. So, I spent like an hour riding around the bank looking for other ferry spots just to confirm that all of them are closed. Had to park my bike by the Pearl tower and took a subway back home picked the bike the morning after.


On Friday afternoon, I grabbed a beer with my bro at the stairs by the Jingan temple station and later on went for a dinner with another friend. We went to the Jen Dow veggie place for a hot pot and it was on point as usual. Afterwards, we took OFO bikes and rode the Windows Scoreboard for the final hangout of our international class. That was kinda okay I got home around 1am


Since Im gonna go to Beijing tomorrow and my closest friend here is leaving the next week, we decided to do the farewell night yesterday. I bought a bottle of Johnie Walker and met him at the Huashan Greenland park. It was raining like crazy but the park has this little spot with shitload of chairs, tables and a roof so we were good. After finishing like ¾ of the bottle, we got to Dada for this dancehall party. I was drunk as a skunk and I had a great time. Got home around 3 Again, on an OFO bike drunk biking is the shit!

 


Highlights:
  • I got asked to take a picture with random people like 3 times last week. Getting popular over here
  • So many super white people in the Oriental Art Center. The way they dress, walk and talk its incredible how white a person can be
  • OFO bikes for some weird reason, Im not getting charged for using those Ive taken like 15 rides already and they charged me once. 1 RMB. No idea how they make money but hey, Im not complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment