Sunday, August 9, 2020

Semester 8 Chapter XXVII: Braces Chronicles Part One

Okay, so the day has come. My mouth was not healing extraordinarily fast, it hurt, most of my workouts was on pause but my appointment came. Last Monday, I went to the clinic and they gave me first five pairs of braces that are to be changed about every two weeks. The pain before wasnt the best, the pain after was even worse. Now, the good thing is, I get to get that shit out when eating, the downside of it was that for the first couple of days, removing that motherfucker felt like a fucking surgery. Its getting better tho, I have resumed my resistance band workouts and Im about to get back to running and planks any day now. I even got better with manipulating with that thing and as I wear rubber bands stretched between the upper and the lower piece, I figured how to handle that without fucking destroying everything in the process. So yeah, rocky start but Im getting used to it. Even talking feels better now than it did (need I remind you that I make my living as a teacher, therefore being able to speak is kinda essential for me) and it generally feels Im on a right track here. 

So yeah, the first couple of days I just did my best workwise. My students were understanding so it wasnt a big issue. Outside of my classes, I just chilled, read books and tried to find a peaceful place in my head. I actually got a pretty cool story from Tuesday. When I finished my classes in this interior design company, I went out to unlock my bike but when I turned the key, I broke it leaving most of it stuck in. And that shit was still locked. So there I was, with a fragment of the key in my hand unable to move on. Initially, I went to the reception (as the entrance and the front walls are all glass, I was on full display) and told them that Im leaving my bike and hopefully Ill be back with some tools at some point to retrieve it. When I was leaving the building, I had this awesome idea so I got back and asked them If they had happened to have any tools themselves. They did some digging and got me these regular ass small pliers. I dont think they really believed Id be able to do anything with those and frankly, neither did I, but after 5 minutes of some serious thief moves, I got that shit done. So I got the bike, I provided bit of an entertainment for those people, and it also got me thinking whether I should invest in a better lock. 5 minutes with a barely usable tool is next to fucking nothing.

My teeth started feeling better by the end of the week so Friday evening, when I was wandering around the city with my sis and the nephew, I got myself the first beer since the teeth extraction. The cool thing about the braces is, they really make you disciplined when it comes to consumption of stuff. The whole routine of taking them off is not too pleasant, you have to brush your teeth and the braces every time you do that, you need to get a new pair of rubbers... It takes time and effort. On top of that, they dont really recommend drinking anything but water on it. Coffee and tea makes those normally invisible braces dark and anything sugary just gets under it and can cause cavities. So no more snacking, no more ice creams. Its 3 or 4 times a day, a meal and some coffee, in and out, no bullshit. Anyway, it was a cool evening as always. My nephew is like the best baby ever.

Saturday, I met up with the daughter of my dads gf and her friend and we drove to their cottage we sometimes go to meet up with the seniors who had been already there. I realized that due to this teeth shit, Ive cancelled lots of that little social life and trips I had planned so it only made sense to get the fuck out of Brno for a night. And man, this countryside air, the peacefulness, the long talks... I needed that shit. Oh yeah, and I also got a chance to drive around a bit. The first day, I voluntarily took on the job of a designated driver and drove everybody to a pub couple of villages away for some beers, and on the second day, I drove my dad, his gf and the dog all the way back to Brno. Like 70 km, the engine did not die once, I feel I kinda killed it. Once I get my parking straight, its gonna be 100%.

And there you have it. On top of teaching my regular students, I got a new one (and I killed the class despite the pain and pronunciation challenges), I did some more testing and transcriptions. Trying to cover the ridiculous amount I spent to have my mouth all beautiful. Summer has kicked in for real and you know that I love that. Listening to new Brandy, about to have an online class, life is good. Sending love to all my people. One!

Highlights:

  • Stealing my own bike.
  • Driving. Its kinda like a computer game.
  • The countryside. It was so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment