Okay, last week I came to a conclusion I’m running out of juice. I was feeling it for a while but after one of the calls with my girls who are still stuck in Indonesia, I ended up facing the harsh reality - I am not going anywhere close to Asia anytime soon. Now, don’t get me wrong, I do not want to sound dramatic, I was not depressed, generally I’m still on some super positive shit. The only problem is, whatever situation I have come up with over here is a beautiful temporary solution. All this self-employed business, all the driver’s licenses, braces… I’ve been keeping myself busy. On the other hand, I put my social life on a major hold. I don’t feel like settling in Brno, I don’t feel like going on Tinder dates, I don’t feel like going to bars and meet strangers. And the truth is, most of the people I consider the closest are in some galaxies far, far away. And again, nothing wrong with that if we’re talking some temporary shit; not so awesome when you actually have no idea if it’s gonna last for another year or what. Shortly after the call, I read an article about Thailand and how unlikely it is for tourists to be able to enter the country this year. So I was like fuck it and did my googles. And I found some diving centres that do dive master internships in Canary Islands. So I got in touch with one and arranged everything. It’s a one-month thing and if corona won’t prevent me from going, I’m leaving mid-September. It’s almost breath-taking how easy this shit is in Europe. Plane ticket from Vienna costs like 25 EUR, I don’t have to worry about visa or anything, the price is perfectly acceptable, the people seem nice. And I kinda take it as a chance to recharge my batteries. If it’s gonna work out, I might end up with yet another career option, if not, at least I tried. And I get to discover new places, new faces and all that fun stuff. I realized that I need this in my life. I need to throw myself in situations that are new, a bit scary and challenging. I guess it’s the urge to get your ass out the comfort zone. I kill shit in my comfort zone but I always find new inspiration and beauty outside of it. I am perfectly prepared for a scenario where this won’t happen cause shit is way too unpredictable. But I feel great about the idea, I ordered myself a diving computer, I paid the deposit… I’m excited again. And it won’t even mess with my teaching much. Some classes I’ll keep online, for some they gonna pause the classes till I get back. They like me. Which is good because this year is totally going down in history books as my most expensive one.
Okay, outside of that… Last Sunday, I was housesitting at my sis’. They were out of town so I basically made sure their cats are alive, gave them something to eat, cleaned their litters, spent the night and repeated all that in the morning. Since cats are alive to this day, I believe I did a tremendous job.
Monday, I stopped by at trivia night at my dad’s pub. Wasn’t
much of an asset but the beer was good. And I don’t have a competitive bone in
me anyway. Plus we won regardless… Just saying. Wednesday, we had a family
dinner, my dad cooked, his gf prepared some amazing vegan ice cream (for real,
talk about some progressive shit) and it turned out to be an awesome evening.
Friday, we met up at our neighbours’ after couple of weeks. The guy was nice enough
to actually run outside bringing some fresh draft beer from a pub down the
street. We got a bit into philosophy, politics… All the good stuff.
And then it was Sunday. After I finished my routine workout,
my sis called me and asked me to join her for a run. Now, with the braces and
shit, I had put running on pause. My last attempt couple of days back resulted
in bleeding so I left it on hold. But I was feeling myself so I went and man…
This time it was all good. I am recovering! After that I hopped on my bike and
rode around 20km to visit the friend who moved out of town about a month ago. They
turned all the boxes we brought there into a beautiful home and the guy even
made some vegan burgers (including fucking homemade patties, I mean god damn!).
After the lunch, we spent the rest of the afternoon by a pond nearby drinking
Jack and catching up. Then it was some pedalling back so I could make it for a
diner in this Vietnamese restaurant with the fam. The girls and the little one
were leaving for Croatia – their first holiday abroad with the baby. Hope it’s
gonna go amazing. All in all, a great day.
So yeah, outside of that, I worked a lot, worked out a lot
and got pretty familiar with the braces. Now I can remove them without hurting
myself, I’d say that the gums are almost recovered, I don’t mind talking again.
Seems like I’m out of the fucking hellhole. Now I’m at the girls’ flat once again,
listening to some old Wayne, taking care of the cats for the time they’re gone.
I wanna shout out everybody dealing with the consequences of this covid
bullshit (I am 100% sure that lots of you got it way way worse than me). Keep
your head up, the shit’s gonna end someday. Don’t focus too much on the doors
that got shut and try to spot those which might have opened. Trust me, there
are some. One!
Highlights:
- Running again. Yay!
- The bike ride. I love this shit too much.
- Summer. Weather has been good to us.




No comments:
Post a Comment