Okay, so last week felt like life again. For the time being, I plan to keep sticking around my dive center just to keep myself in the water and hopefully eventually land a job one way or another. I managed to dive every single day last week so it’s looking good. It’s yet another Sunday morning, the sea out my window looks as blue as ever, new French Montana in my headphones, and here we go with another blog. Back on my bullshit y’all.
Monday, a friend of mine who passed the previous IE, suggested me and one of my fellow fresh instructors join him for a boat dive with some French guys he’s affiliated with. It was close to Los Christianos and the dive was beautiful. What a way to celebrate passing the exams! We got to about 35 meters, I took advantage of my Go Pro and did bunch of pics... I still remember couple month ago in Indonesia, doing pictures under water felt different. I was all over the place having hard time to keep still... Now it’s a different game. Plus my air consumption is getting like crazy good.
The rest of the week, I was joining my dive shop for the dives. I led couple of dives in Abades with customers, which went well. The only fuck up I did was when I decided to explore a route I wasn’t familiar with thinking “What the fuck could go wrong?”, eventually ascending on a completely different place than initially intended. Lesson learned tho. Everything else was going beautiful. I’m honestly just grateful for the chance of getting more experience. And once all my instructor papers get processed in PADI, I’m gonna hop on DSDs and Open Waters too. Can’t wait for that.
Friday was a bit crazy. The day was absolutely gorgeous. I haven’t seen Abades like that before. No wind at all, sun was shining, no waves, shit looked like a fairytale. Little did we know what awaits us under the surface. Visibility like 2 meters. Me, another instructor and a new intern who just got here did like 20-minute dive which felt more like some sort of hazy dreamy hallucination. Honestly, you couldn’t see shit. In the evening, I met up with some of my friends and we went to Abades again to do couple of last drinks with the two French interns that just completed their divemaster and left back home the day after. Time flies over here.
Saturday, we took it to Las Eras for a fun dive again. Visibility was still kinda trash but way better than the day before. Oh, and there was a pretty strong current too to spice it all up. Got some pretty cool pics tho. Last week, we saw quite a lot of cool stuff. Cuttlefish, rays, turtles, angle sharks... In terms of aquatic life, not a bad week at all.
I’ve been also working quite a lot. Due to the fact, I cancelled some of my classes last week, I was kinda catching up with everything. And yet again, I received some thank you notes and e-mails from my students. When people tell you that in the middle of this covid thing they were looking forward for our classes not only cause they were actually learning something but also cause it was a bright spot of their days... It just melts your heart a little bit. I do enjoy what I do. For real for real. Oh, and me and the other instructor in the shop got some positive feedback from customers too. Again, shit like that never gets old. Makes me feel that I do exactly what I’m supposed to be doing.
Didn’t really have much time outside of all that. Checked some music, talked to some of my loved ones, watched this Undoing series... Pretty dope... And that’s that. I have a full free day ahead of me, just finished my workout, the vibe is good over here. I hope all of you are doing great too. Keep it up, keep shit positive and do not entertain bullshit. One!
Highlights:
- Diving. Still.
- My students.
- This Undoing series. Go check it out.







No comments:
Post a Comment