Monday, December 28, 2020

Semester 9 Chapter XVI: Holidays & Baby Steps

Hello everybody, welcome to the last blog of 2020. What a fucking year, right? Before we get to it, let me send some shout outs as I always do. Shout out to my Shanghainese fam. It feels like forever since we saw each other the last time and I miss the hell out of yall but this is just a pause. Reunion is coming one way or another and its gonna be fucking epic. Shout out to the girl who introduced me to diving. Wherever you at, I hope your dreams are coming true. Shout out to my beautiful family. My sis... Words cant really do justice to how much I love, respect and admire everything you are and everything you do. All the love to your fiancée too. And my nephew. You are a bad ass. Cant wait for us to spend some time together. Not sure if Im gonna be around too much but Ill do my best to be the coolest fucking uncle in the universe. Shout out to my dad. Even with covid around, we managed to meet up in different countries and do all kinds of crazy shit. Shout out to his gf as well. I really feel like our family has grown about tenfold these past couple of years. I love it. Shout out to all my day ones from the Czech Republic. One time for all the amazing people Ive met through diving too. Shits beautiful. And shout out to all my students. I still love what I do. This year hasnt been easy, it has been totally unpredictable but (all the covid shit aside) it has brought all kinds of great stuff. So again, thanks to everybody in my orbit. And shout out to all the vegans, cyclists, runners, hikers and divers. We got this! 

 


Okay, last week... I was driving every day and I was certifying people. These past couple of days, I basically carried the dive shop by myself for the most part. Been pretty busy but I feel I do a great fucking job (and the customers feedback kinda reflects that). Turned two kids into Open Water divers and one girl into a certified Scuba Diver. These days I work with another couple. Im still on some unpaid internship shit here getting some experience but I feel this will change soon. Either Ill start getting paid by this shop or Ill just find something different somewhere else. I do love diving, sometimes Im not super happy about communication with the shop which has led to me cancelling couple of my online classes (which actually do pay my bills) but it somewhat works for now. Well see what happens next.


Friday evening I got invited for a Christmas dinner by the dive shop owners. They live about 20 minutes up the hill from where I live. And man, they took the dinner seriously. All dressed up, decorations all over the apartment, Christmas tree, red napkins in wine glasses... They baked a whole turkey and all kinds of crazy shit my vegan ass didnt touch. I was on some potatoes and veggies. The evening was okay. I got on couple of my rants, we drank a bit and then I got my ass down to my apartment.

 

Apart from Friday, I had only one day with no diving, and that was Sunday. Im allowed to use the shops van for my personal purposes as long as I put some gas in it. So I picked up the girl I was teaching this past week, went to Abades, picked up our intern and then we all went to Anaga to do about a 15km hike. Fucking amazing. The woods, the air, the views. I really felt I needed a bit of that. We stopped by at La Laguna for a beer on the way back and wrapped the whole trip up at Playa De Las Vistas in Los Christianos. Took some drinks over there.

 

Next week is shaping up to be as busy as the previous one but hey... Gonna be fun. Enjoy the last days of this year and lets all hope 2021 is gonna be a bit more optimistic than 2020. Shout out to all my readers, sending some positive vibes to all my people... Well see each other in no time. One!


Highlights:

  • My certified divers.
  • Anaga hike.
  • Driving. Im getting good at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment