What’s good everybody. It’s Sunday evening, sunset is spilling orange color all over the sea outside my window and Kid Cudi provides soundtrack to all of that. If this shit ain’t the definition of chilling, I don’t know what is. So here we go, another update from your boy straight outta Tenerife. Let’s do this!
Last week, we were switching dive sites which is always good. Besides the regular Abades, we went to Las Eras once and on Saturday, we took it to the site named Yellow Mountain couple of kilometers north from Los Christianos. The dives went great. I assisted with fun divers for the most part enjoying the shit out of it. The vibe is fucking beautiful. Both with people I go dive with and with customers. That Yellow Mountain spot was pretty cool too. The only thing that steered me off a bit was the fact the dives were pushed a little too far. We got people getting super low on air and on the second dive, a fun diver had to use my alternate air source cause he literally ran out of air. Nothing happened, we laughed it off and all but if these were my dives, I would handle it differently. But then again, whatever I go through these days I consider learning lessons. As you go, you’re figuring out your flow, polishing details, realizing what can (and eventually totally will) go wrong... Which makes you a bit more confident dive by dive. Just as it should.
I was also working quite a lot. Got some new students including this kid I used to teach back in Shanghai. His dad contacted me and asked for some conversational lessons to get him ready for an English competition in his school. It was cool seeing them both again and it brought back some memories. I mean, a year ago I was still living in my Shanghainese apartment getting myself ready for my Indonesian vacay. 2020 has been a motherfucker.
On Saturday, I managed to get my ass out of my solitude and actually went out socializing. I met up with this diver girl whom I meet at the sites here and there and we went to Puerto Colon. It’s a bay area right by a port about 20 minutes’ walk from where I stay and it was beautiful. The area, the sunset... Later on, people from the dive shop joined and we ended up drinking till 11pm – the curfew time. Then we hopped into a cab and went to my fellow instructor’s spot (also really close to me; just up the hill) with some bottles of gin to keep shit going. It was a great fucking night. I woke up on a couch in a living room and after everybody got their shit together, we walked down to this Hemingway Café for some breakfast. The lovely people over there made me vegan toasts with avocado and some mushrooms. We flushed it with three beers. Keeping the levels up. I made it home around 1pm, did a class with the Chinese kid (I was totally in my zone for that one) and then crashed into the bed. Woke up after 5, edited some photos from the past week and sat down to compose this piece of art. You’re fucking welcome.
I’m getting a bit nervous about this covid situation. I plan to go home for Christmas, already got the tickets but it seems shit is going way down south again. I hope it won’t get much worse the next week. I totally wanna spend Christmas home but I also wanna be somewhat sure I’ll be able to get back here. What a time to be alive, right? I hope everyone’s doing good no matter where you at. Shout out to everybody reading this, I appreciate y’all. One!
Highlights:
- Yellow mountain.
- The night out. By the end of it, I was basically levitating.
- Got back to the pool for some swimming. Water is colder these days but it’s doable. And totally not bad for the middle of December.





No comments:
Post a Comment