Yo, what’s gucci everybody... Greetings from sunny Tenerife, greetings from the world where shit is going absolutely nuts, where covid dictates what we can and can’t do. I wanna shout out all people who won’t get to spend the holidays with their family or their close ones because of all the restrictions. I’ve ended up being one them. Everything is going on lockdown and the flights I booked are either impossible to take due to mandatory quarantine policies or extremely difficult due to different types of tests required and rules that change literally day by day. Oh well... Every time I’m out there, under water or just walking around, I remind myself that being here is not the worst plan B.
We also still get to dive over here. At one point last week, it looked like that shit is over. The problem is, all the rules are often extremely vague. Currently, it seems diving is still okay as long as you don’t drive customers to the site and you maintain groups of four people tops. But you can interpret whatever the restrictions are in like 36 different ways so who the fuck knows. We still dive tho. Last week, we did Abades, Tabaiba and Las Eras. I led couple of dives and I definitely enjoyed being back in Tabaiba. I think this was my first time over there as an instructor. Felt good. Oh, and my instructor partner left for holidays the second he found out about the government tightening up. Don’t blame the guy at all, it’s just now (apart from the dive shop owners) it’s really only me. Which comes with all kinds of fun stuff.
So look, Friday evening the boss texted me if I’m okay with driving one of the shop’s vans to Abades with a customer. And also, if I’m okay with teaching the customer myself. Let me give you a bit of a background here. The last time I drove was sometime in the summer. And it definitely wasn’t a van. To be precise, I had never driven a van before. So that was that. As for the teaching part, I was supposed to get our intern as an assistant which sounded quite reasonable. The van part was making me a bit nervous. So the next morning we got the shop, got the kits ready and all of the sudden I was sitting in a van with the keys in my hand getting that shit started. It went surprisingly okay. I wouldn’t go as far as to say I nailed it but it went good enough for me to feel comfortable. So yeah, I ended up driving that customer to Abades. The intern didn’t show up so it was just me. And it went! Vibe was great, the girl enjoyed it, I safely drove her back home and got that vehicle back to the shop. I did feel good. Talk about being thrown into cold water. I gotta say tho, the feeling of introducing someone to diving is surreal. I’m fresh to this but I can’t really see this getting old...
What else... Friday I met up with the intern and one of the girls I did my IE with for a quick beer as the girl was leaving the next day. Saturday evening, I went to get a haircut to my host’s connect. It was cool. The guy played me some of his music, I played him some of mine... Cool hangout. In the evening, I just got faded. Saturday was a fucking long day.
And that's it. So this Christmas is gonna take place in
Tenerife. Once this holiday bullshit is over, I’m
buying tickets back home once more. I honestly feel sorry about not seeing the
fam the next week. Specifically the nephew. Today’s world
is insane. It is what it is tho. Shout out to all the good people out there,
shout to everyone working on themselves, shout out to everyone cultivating
their surroundings, shout out to all the good role models, shout out to all the
people fighting their battles. I see y’all.
One!
Highlights:
- Driving over here. God damn.
- Undone. Awesome TV show.
- My barber. That guy is great.





No comments:
Post a Comment