Sunday, April 18, 2021

Semester 10 Chapter X: Tenerife Czech-out

The time has come. What was supposed to be 4 weeks has turned into 7 months. What was supposed to be a fun adventure has turned into a (possible) career. What was supposed to be a stepping stone right before jumping back into my life in Shanghai has opened doors I wasn’t even aware of. But all things come to an end and this is the end of yet another beautiful chapter of my life. It’s Sunday afternoon, it’s a lovely day, I can hear people splashing water around the pool outside, summer vibes all over the place.

 

Last week was quite calm. The same old. Me not being very social, working a lot plus all the physical exercise I’m a fiend for. And dealing with my departure. Figuring out what kind of covid test and how long in advance are you supposed to get is a fucking puzzle. Plus all the forms you have to prepare and submit… And I fly to Austria which isn’t even my destination country; that makes the whole nightmare even more fun. Anyway, all feels set, I successfully passed covid test couple of hours ago… You know feeling positive about being negative… And I have couple of last moments at my spot before I take my bags and head to the bus station…


 

I’m gonna keep it short this time around. All I really wanna say is thank y’all. Shout out to my divemaster crew. What an amazing squad. Shout out to my fellow sea cowboy. You know what time it is; I’ll see you in Croatia. Shout to to my German bro I did my IDC with. Feels like ages ago but we pulled through together. Never gonna forget that. Shout out to all the divers that inspired me and pushed me to follow whatever path I’m on now. Shout out to all the people I connected with over here for real. You know who the fuck you are. It’s all love. Major shout out to my hosts… I mean damn… Words cannot really express how appreciative I am of this whole situation. I’ll be back at some point! Shout out to my family back in Brno. I’m always M.I.A. but the love is still there and it’s going strong. And my bros and my sisters all over the world. We live in strange times and having all of you (even though in most cases through PC screen only) in my life makes shit worthwhile. I’m grateful for both positive and negative (you know who the fuck you are too, hehe) experiences I’ve been through on this island. The love you give is the love you take so I must be doing something right. One!


 

Highlights:

  • Tenerife.
  • Tenerife.
  • Tenerife.

No comments:

Post a Comment