Sunday, April 25, 2021

Semester 10 Chapter XI: Back Home

My trip to Europe was a big fucking surprise. I was really concerned about couple of things prior to heading to the airport (where I got driven by my host's wife). My carry-on was about three times the allowed size so I wasn’t really sure how that would go. Plus I had no clue what the fuck to expect from all the covid checks and controls. Both of these things turned out to be insanely easy. Nobody even blinked an eye with the bag and the covid… Let me put it like this. If I had tested positive that day and still decided to board the plane, nobody would attempt neither to check me nor to stop me. I had a stack of different documents and forms on me out of which I needed literally zero. Not in Spain, not in Austria, not in the Czech Republic. If I’d travel only with my plane ticket and ID, I would have make it here regardless. Which is cool, I guess, but it raises all kinda questions about what the hell is going on and how efficient all these crazy (and extremely confusing) measures are if they stay on paper only. Oh well… I met this cool girl from the Czech Republic at the airport and we ended up talking for quite some time in Vienna which was a super nice way to kill time before my bus went. I made it to Brno at 6am on Monday, got picked up by my dad and had my first Czech coffee in months shortly after.

 

The whole week was beautiful. I had plenty of time to catch up with my sis, her partner and the nephew, plus I finally saw their new apartment. I walked the streets of my hometown with one of my best friends and with my dad’s dog too. I had a chance to celebrate my dad’s birthday on Tuesday. On top of that, I did some teaching to keep the ball rolling. Oh, and I went to check my braces too – all is going well there.

 

On Thursday, I caught a train to Prague to hang out with another of my closest peers. It was two days of talking, chilling, listening to music and getting fucking twisted. All of these things felt long overdue. On Saturday, I came back to Brno, dropped my shit at home and met up with my sis and them at the train station for a trip to another of my bro’s spot close to Brno. Another amazing day, another evening hangout, another sleepover. Feels I’ve been sleeping at a different place nearly every night last week.

 

When it comes to the Croatia thing, I’m going in about a week which gives me some extra days over here. I appreciate that as it gives me more time to spend with all my favorite people. So yeah, all has been good over here. I kinda miss the Tenerife weather but I’m gonna get a lot of that in no time. And I found out that there is a solid chance I’m gonna see quite a lot of my Shanghai squad this summer too. Shit is all positive. Hope y’all doing great as well… Sending some love from sunny Brno. One!

 


Highlights:

  • Fam.
  • Bros.
  • Czech Republic.

No comments:

Post a Comment