Monday, July 12, 2021

Semester 10 Chapter XXII: See What I’m Tryin’ To Do Here Is Flow Like A River

What’s gucci motherfuckers! New week is here and you know what’s what. Time to get into the last week which was really intense but also really fun. Special shout out to all my readers. Seems you people been reading this thing a bit more that usual lately and I do appreciate that. In the age of pictures and 5 second videos and Tiktok and whatever the next crazy thing kids do is, I don’t take it for granted. All the love your way! 



 

Well, I have turned 34 couple days back. Not sure what to think of that but it is what it is. The life is still moving tho. A year ago, I didn’t have a driver’s license and I had no idea diving would become a job for me. So putting shit into perspective, my 33 wasn’t bad. Plus I got two friends I met in Tenerife visiting these days. It’s super cool when people go through all the trouble to get to this small town just to hang out for couple of days. So I spent my bday with them walking the streets of Old Labin, drinking wine and catching up. Since one of them is renting an apartment right over there, I took the liberty of crashing on her couch couple of times. That place is just magical. For real. And since I get to use the van in the evenings, getting there is a piece of cake. 



 

We also have another guy to help out at the dive center, a long time friend of the owner. He arrived in a fucking Corvette bringing like three cases of beer, plugged in his phone and put some heavy metal on. That basically sums up his vibe. In a way it’s extremely enjoyable tho. He totally brought a new energy, way more drinking and all kinds of crazy conversations. The guy likes to talk. He’s super cool tho and it’s fun having new people around. 



 

In terms of diving, I needed this past week so much. I was getting sick of our regular diving spot but since we had a group of nearly 20 divers visiting for the weekend, we booked a boat and did some amazing dives. While the guys were handling shit at the center, I was on the boat dealing with logistics and organization. And we did wreck diving, deep diving, some caves… Fuck, it was beautiful. I was leading the dives which was a bit tricky as it was my first time at all the sites but I checked some maps and sketches beforehand and I managed to find everything I wanted to. All went smooth. The ship was way bigger than needed so it was all super comfortable and everyone was happy with the way it went. Oh, and the captain asked me for a favor. He needed to clean the bottom windows he has on the boat for tourist to see the fish from the outside. So I got a sponge and after the dive I did that. Pretty fun too. When I was chilling on the upper deck after the last dive, drinking beer, watching the islands, I got reminded of how good I have it. It all poured a whole new drive into my veins. I feel fucking great. 




 


So yeah, lotta diving, talking to some of my favorite people in person, chatting with some new ones, seeing a whole lot of new dive sites… All good. The vibe in the center has improved significantly too and these days it just feels good being here. Hope you guys are doing great too. One!


Highlights:

  • Deep dives. I went to about 40 meters couple of dives, did some caves while at it and even managed to teach a deep specialty. Fucking awesome.
  • My friends visiting me here.
  • Boats. Boats. Boats.

No comments:

Post a Comment