Yo, new week has started and it’s that time again. Shanghai Czech-in back on. It’s a laid back morning in Rabac, I got some diving ahead of me in the afternoon, Weeknd providing background music from the speakers, the vibe is alright. I’ve been thinking about all the people I have scattered all over the world and I feel I need to to something about that. I still wanna see more things, I still wanna fall in love couple more times, I still wanna discover more about myself and about the world but I also wanna focus more on all the beautiful shit I already have. My family, my squad, my dawgs, my girls… I wanna be closer to all that. I have no idea how exactly but I wanna keep it in mind and take it into account when planning the next steps. We’ll see where that goes.
What’s been up tho. I’ve still had some of people around and I have dived a lot. Obviously. I’m getting on with the boss better and better and at this point, the energy is super chilled. We agreed on not pushing shit as hard as these past couple of weeks so we’re usually aiming for two dives a day which gives me some more time to relax, recharge and invite some people over here and there just for a chat or a beer. He even gives me keys to either the van or the scooter in the evening just so I can go up to Labin or just wherever I feel like. The Labin Old Town is still my number one spot to cool off. Doesn’t get old (pun intended).
Tuesday, I took a day off with some of my friends and we did a road trip. We started with Pula, we saw the local Colloseum and the historical center. We did some truffles tasting and I found this Surya Soul Temple Café, the only 100% vegetarian spot on HappyCow. It has this yoga Buddhist vibe, it’s ran by a local mother/daughter tandem, we had a lovely chat, great coffee and some veggie brownies. Totally gonna be back there. We headed to Rovinj afterwards and on the way we stopped at this secluded vineyard/farm for some tasting. It was a lovely experience, the surroundings were nice but then again… I don’t particularly enjoy spaces where animals are being slaughtered and I came to a conclusion I don’t know shit about wine. If it’s not horrible, it’s aight. That wine over there was aight. We had four samples, two white, one rose and one red. All aight.
Rovinj was cool too. Historical center, a church on a hill, some vegan ice cream, real good coffee… The towns in Istria are lovely but they all make me appreciate Labin. You see, all the other centers are infected with tourism to the highest degree. All the souvenir shops, all the plastic bullshit, all the fucked up music blasting from every other corner. Labin is an oasis of peace and love. Anyways, the trip was super nice. We made it back to Rabac in the evening, went for a dinner and called it a day.
Me and the boss decided to take a day off on Sunday as well (since there were no dives planned), and he offered to do a trip to the island to Cres. It was the two of us, his son with the gf (they came to visit for couple of days) and took another friend who dropped by for couple of days. For the ones who actually follow this blog, it’s the Czech guy I met in Shanghai long time ago. It’s the guy who used to organize cooking workshops providing me with all kinds of delicious food back then. It was a great trip, we saw some picturesque villages, stopped by for a drink and made it back around 6pm. I went for dinner, took my friend and the scooter and we went… yes… to the Labin Old Town. You see, on top of how awesome the place is, I’ve recently discovered they have vegan dark chocolate ice cream over there. Just when you thought the place couldn’t get any better.
In terms of diving, it’s been the home reef all the way. But I did a night dive and I did some extremely enjoyable try dives. Got more courses ahead of me this week and I’m really looking forward to those. I’ve been teaching my classes too. Life’s still good. Sending love to all my peers… One!
Highlights:
- The
road trips.
The people. - Breaking people’s fears and getting them diving. One of the most rewarding things...















No comments:
Post a Comment