Monday, November 15, 2021

Semester 11 Chapter XI: Living Underwater

Hey guys, what the fuck is up. New week has started and your boy is back on it with a new installment of this motherfucker. Back in the dive shop, some new tunes blasting out the speakers… It’s another beautiful day down here. I wanna start by sending some healing energy to mainland Europe and all the people affected by the recent wave of covid. God, how I wish this shit was over with… And the governments did a bit better job managing this shit. Seems like we are really bound to live with this thing long-term. Honestly, the way shit is going, I feel like I’m having a deja-vu sometimes. Last year was very similar. Shit was falling apart back home while Tenerife was doing relatively okay. Sun, diving, open bars… This situation totally rings a bell… 

Okay, so last week… Basically whole bunch of diving. The most entertaining was the beginning tho. Monday and Tuesday, I took this Finnish girl out to Marazul and Tabaiba. She was a pretty good diver so I just went with the flow and enjoyed the dives. The rest of the week was courses. I did one open water and started an advanced. Little more work but some interesting boat dives by Palm-Mar… All good.

 

My friend from the Czech Republic was here till Wednesday and I managed to show her around Montaňa Amarilla on Tuesday. We had some dinner in Las Calletas too. I’ve been also dealing with the insurance for my car which is a fucking headache around here. If you’re a relatively new driver, they rip the shit out you. I understand that they have set some rules (at the end of the day, they apply everywhere to some degree) but charging people with 1+ years of driving experience about 4 times as much as those with 5 years is insane. Lotta companies won’t insure me at all, some have packages for about as much as my whole fucking car cost. It’s a headache. I mean I get it but I know people who did their license at 18 and haven’t really driven since, whereas I did mine recently have been driving all kinds of cars like all the time since… But it seems I’ll be able to figure this out real fucking soon so fingers crossed. It definitely bothers me tho…


Outside of that, it’s been the usual. Some teaching… When I have a morning off, I devote it to working out and running… I live good, I eat good and I do small steps towards socializing. Was out in Guargacho with a fellow instructor who happens to live there as well. Lovely evening… 

 

And that’s that. Got some more diving ahead of me this week and it’s possible I’ll have to spend some time in the dive shop too since our divemaster is about to jump into his IDC course. All is good tho, things are moving, I’m having a good time... Shout out to everybody reading. One! 


Highlights:

  • Diving.
  • Night out in Guargacho. That place has a super-local vibe for real.
  • Spanish. Started watching some youtube lessons here and there. Hope I’ll stick to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment