Yo,
what’s good, what’s bad, whose fault, who cares… Another week
has passed and I’m back on my bullshit. Matterfact, I’ve been
real deep on my shit this past week. After like a month of constant
social activity, I dived deep into solitude and did some proper
recharging. Since I felt like dipping into some H-town underground
hip-hop, this blog’s soundtrack is the new Jay’ton and his album
Houstonathon. Shit slaps.
Okay so
last week. I did quite a lot of diving which was extremely enjoyable.
On Tuesday we went to Alcala and shit was fucking awesome. Alcala is
a lovely site but the visibility can be a bitch up there. We were in
luck tho. One of the dives when you see clearly and you just enjoy
shit. The next two days was first boat diving I had done with the
center I dive for the most these days. They do have their own boat so
I drove the squad to the port in Las Galletas and we took it from
there. I was new at some of these sites but I totally nailed it.
Great dives, great vibes… Looking forwards to some more open ocean
days. On Saturday, I did a fun dive at Montana Amarilla with this
Venezuelan dude. Since he was a decent diver and it was only the two
of us, we took it real slow, spent almost an hour down there and
exited the water smiling. Good stuff. And then we got today. I took
all the interns and one more guy to Tabaiba to do the first half of
wreck specialty course. And again… Shit went beautiful. I’m
pretty sure I’ve said it before but I fucking love this shit. I
love diving on the regular, I love the energy, it does feel like I
have found the sweet spot for the time being.
Outside
of diving, I retreated back into my zone tho. I watched the whole
Euphoria TV series which is so fucking good, it sometimes took me a
minute to digest it. Some real heavy shit right there. And it hits
quite close to home too. I also finished a book I’d been reading
for ages and checked the first episode of the Kayne documentary. The
guy is a piece of shit (and his ongoing divorce only underscores
that) but you got give it to him… He always knew he’s gonna be
this big… Even when nobody really followed. Watching fucking execs
ignoring him while that motherfucker plays All Falls Down right into
their face is just crazy.
I got
back into the world on Friday when I met with my diver friend for
some wine in 33 Vueltas. On Saturday, I drove to San Eugenio to do a
beer with another friend of mine. Nice hangouts. Outside of that it’s
been really just workouts, music, walks by myself and figuring out my
next tattoos. And teaching. Yeah, a lot of that. Good amount of busy.
And I totally didn’t do any pictures. Shit happens, right? Gonna do
some next week for sure. One!
Highlights:
No comments:
Post a Comment