Monday, February 7, 2022

Semester 11 Chapter XXIII: No Slowing Down

What’s up! Monday morning, fresh cup of coffee in front of me, new 2 Chainz on deck, calima still wilding outside the window, I’ve just finished some Duolingo classes and I’m ready for the new week. Hope y’all doing well too! 

 

So what has happened last week. First of all, I’ve been driving around the island like fucking crazy. I took my pops and his partner to Abades, Santa Cruz, Alcala, Las Galletas and god know where else. Been using basically every single moment to show these guys around. We’ve had a whole bunch of meals together along with some beers and shit. At one point, my diver friend joined too. Overall, good vibes. 


 

I’m still on the roll when it comes to socializing. If it’s not my dad, it’s some of my friends. Been out with this vegan dude who dives at another dive center and some of his peers. We went to this bar in Los Cristianos and it ended up being a pretty good hangout. We’ll do more of those in the future. I’ve also caught up with one of the Czech friends I have on the island yesterday. I’m still far behind with all the people I’d like to see but hey… At least shit’s happening.

 

Diving still seems to be pretty slow on the island. Eventually, I got 4 diving days last week tho. I did an Open Water Course with this UK girl and I turned two people into Rescue Divers over the weekend. Turns out my investment into another year of PADI membership is kinda paying off. Could have dropped SSI tho. Oh well. The certs are stacking up! And I still get cool jobs. Yesterday, we almost caused a heart attack to some bystanders at the beach. Some guys spotted our interns demonstrating water exit and CPR and they rushed right to them. I was screaming that it’s just a drill but they didn’t hear me from the water. All good tho. Gotta give it to them… Their response was fucking textbook proper.

 

What else… Teaching has been going well, I’ve been enjoying my classes and I’m trying to get some more for the spring. To keep the cash flow going. Got couple more days of my dad around and some cool plans both for that and for the rest of the week. Pretty exited about all of it. Sending some love to everybody out there. One!


Highlights:

  • Diving.
  • Road trips.
  • Getting slightly better at Spanish.

No comments:

Post a Comment