It’s still pretty difficult to rise above shit, joke about shit and just carry on. This Ukranian situation is a headache from any thinkable angle. It shows it all. It shows the powers we’re dealing with, it shows the difference between the way we treat white refugees and the ones coming from Middle-East… And look, I’m happy there’s this public support and it’s beautiful seeing so many people support and help, but still.. Just saying… It demonstrates how deep in shit everything is. Cause this ends in one of two ways… Putin going apeshit and nuking something or Ukraine winning (even though it’s difficult to imagine Putin just accepting defeat and go home). And even if the latter happens, it’s not like the world will be okay. West is fucking ass backwards too. With justice, with human rights, with distribution of wealth, with environment, with sustainability in any form... I just really feel we really live in times where there’s no really light at the end of any tunnels around. It’s either game over or game over couple of years later. It’s either nukes, some politicians, dictators and oligarchs (both East and West) doing exactly what they’ve been on or/and this whole world collapsing. Plus all the pain, suffering and all the fun stuff left and right. I’ve been thinking how would I explain this world to a kid. I’m sincerely out of ideas.
To my surprise I woke with fever and some serious throat ache on Wednesday. My stupid ass got all dressed up and nearly left the apartment before realizing that I’m just acting like an insane person. I was sweating basically just sitting down. So finally I canceled my dives and stayed in bed. And man, I could barely move. Like sick sick. Stayed in bed the whole day, whole Thursday and most of Friday. Friday I started feeling a bit better… Well enough to take a shower, shave and becoming human again. So when my diver friend texted me if I could help her transporting a car from Isidro to Silencio, I gave her a disclaimer on my condition but I agreed. We did that and then had some tea at my place.
Saturday was also mostly bed and tea. And binge watching The Office. In the evening I met with this girl and we went to Black Sheep. Again, I took it super easy. Some tea some real good talks and back to the bed. And I’ve been on my bed shit today too. I wanna say I’m getting better but I’m still not ready for the world. Got some diving booked for the next week so hopefully I’ll be okay by then. And listen, just be safe wherever you at and keep shit positive. It’s a fucking full-time job these days but what’s left there… One!
Highlights:
- Being sick for the first time in ages.
- Diving.
- The Office.
No comments:
Post a Comment