Hello world, here we go again. This time from sunny Tenerife again. Shit’s pretty good apart from the fact I got talked into a beach day yesterday (which was pretty nice actually) but since I totally underestimated the sun’s power over here (possibly combined with three weeks of wearing winter jacket), my face and my chest is fucking red hot today. I mean… It’s not critical… I still did my morning workout and I can function pretty normally… It’s just not super comfortable. Let’s start from the beginning tho…
Last
days in the Czech Republic were pretty full. Meeting with my people,
farewell hangouts with the fam… I also picked up my bicycle in the shithole close to Brno and ended up spending like 4 hours in that motherfucker because some guy decided to jump under a train and police shut down the way back... Happy days. I even paid a visit to my bank…
You see, we live in a fucked up world. I’ve never had any
significant money. However, since I’ve been leftist
anti-consumerist vegan for ages, I usually make a bit more than I
spend. And when that happens for like a decade, you have some extra
change on your account. Now, if it was up to me, I’d have the money
in a shoe box under my bed. But since I move around a lot, this would
be rather complicated. So it’s been just lying on my bank account.
The thing is, I don’t have nearly enough to do something big with
it (like buying an apartment) but enough for it not to make any sense
just lying around being a subject to inflation that’s apparently
gonna go absolutely nuts this year in the light of humans being
idiots. So I went there and did all kinds of crazy shit to try to
fight the devaluation at least a bit. Those were some three hours
I’ll never get back….
Anyways… Thursday early morning I was on my way to the airport. As usual, I was carrying a backpack that was way beyond the carry-on limits. And this time I got real lucky. At the gate, the lovely wizzair lady was approaching passengers one by one asking them to stuff their shit in one of their frames. Lotta people couldn’t which resulted in them having to pay some extra fees. Well, she missed me so I’m still good when it comes to that.
After I got back to my place, I went to get some groceries and then did some teaching. In the evening I met up with my diver friend and her sister who’s yet again on the island in Costa Del Silencio. My Pluto still runs beautifully.
Friday morning I was on my way to the dive shop and I took some gas on the way. See, even Tenerife has been affected by the global situation and gas prices went from about 1.2 to about 1.5 euro per liter. What’s pretty cool tho… Government has started subsidizing it. So you get to the station, tell the guy to give you 30 eur worth of gas which he does, and then you end up paying 24. The rest is on the house. It felt so fucking good being back in water tho. Friday and Saturday I did a wreck course with this American dude and the new intern in the dive center. Some great vibes, some great diving.
Sunday, I went to Costa Adeje to meet up with a friend. I left early to stop by to a supermarket for some oat milk and to check out some new shoes since I’ve totally destroyed them all. Ended up getting some local Spanish ones (actually made in fucking Spain) from microfiber and shit. Not the most stylish but hey… The greenest option anywhere around. Around noon, me and the friend jumped into the Pluto and we went to La Tejita beach. She was suggesting a beach day for ages and I was like… Why not. It was a really good hangout followed by some coffee and ice cream in Medano and some beers back in Costa Adeje. I totally underestimated those 4 hours on the sun tho. Oh well. Got me some panthenol and I’m gonna take it easy.
This morning I went to Mercadona to get some more shit for home and then I went on a mission to pay fucking tax for my car. They sent me both online and paper note. I had to pay around 40 eur. Now, it’s supposed to be doable online but nobody knows how (that includes my Spanish speaking flatmate who deals with that every year). It should also be possible to pay for it at any ATM. Also no can do for whatever kind of reason. Alternatively, you can visit any bank and do it there. That’s what I went for today (since I exhausted the two previous options). And guess what… Also no way. So I just drove up to San Miguel and went straight to the police station begging them to accept my money. They gave me another piece of paper, directed me to another bank and voila… Bill payed. Amazing how smooth and easy shit is in 21st century, right?
Got back, had some lunch, talked to my dad… Listening to Banks now, all is good. Hope y’all doing good too. Shout out to all my readers. One!
Highlights:
- New Yung Lean & FKA Twigs
- Getting sun burnt.
- Diving again!




No comments:
Post a Comment