Hello world, your boy is checking back in from the town of Guargacho… Tenerife South in the house, we got some rap in the headphones, we got some coffee on the table, it’s still dark outside. I like this. My organism usually wakes up in the middle of the night and some time ago I stopped fighting it. I just go with it, listen to some music, have a snack and then go get some more sleep. So it’s one of these nights. Anyways… I hope everybody is well. Let’s get to it tho…
Last week was nice. I did some running, I did whole lotta workouts, I wrote some raps and I took whole bunch of walks. On Monday I had a really great hangout at 33 Vueltas. Hadn’t been there in a really long time. Good talks, good energy, good vibes. The day after I went to Los Abrigos and believe it or not, there’s a Czech owned ice cream shop over there selling whole bunch of vegan flavors. Good shit.
Diving has been quite slow. I was on an OWD course with this 11 year-old. Now, kids are usually quite fun to teach. They are full of energy, they don’t overthink shit, they want to know everything and they are often so excited, you have to drag them out of water. Not this guy tho. He’s almost like a prototype of a generation fucked by technology. Didn’t really seem he wanted to do the course in the first place, everything was heavy, everything was uncomfortable, everything was cold… The most frequent question was when do we finish so he can get back to playing Fortnight. Not entirely sure whose idea was it to do the course but I assume it wasn’t his. One of these. Well, we still did something and hopefully, we’ll finish it all tomorrow. But yeah… Not much of real diving last week.
I treated myself on Saturday tho. In the morning, I went to the wet market in Las Charifas to re-up on my veggies and then I took the Pluto and drove it up the a small village of Las Vegas. See, many trails start over there and I found one I wanted to do. It lead to Risco Del Muerto, I did around 15km overall and it was beautiful. I was walking in and out of clouds, the air was clean, nature was amazing. There’s just something so right and peaceful being surrounded by greenery. It’s like something connects to your primal self in the most effortless way. After the hike, I went to Medano where I got myself a new bucket hat (my sister hates those so I can’t wait for her to see that one), grabbed some ice cream, and then I took it back home. Finished the season 4 of Stranger Things, went for another walk with some new music one. Pretty great day.
So yeah, I got Sunday in front of me, I’m supposed to do another meet-up, I wanna check some music, gonna teach a class in the afternoon. All is good. Sending some love to everybody out there. And shout out to my Russian readers. No idea who you are but you went a bit crazy on the blog last week. One!
Highlights:
- Stranger Things.
- The hike.
- The vibes.
















No comments:
Post a Comment