Okay, I feel like talking my shit again. Can I talk my shit again? Well, it’s my fucking blog. So yeah we’re fucked. And I don’t even say it maliciously anymore. I don’t say it angrily or with any kind of hatred. I think I’ve started accepting the fact that this is exactly what it is. And it’s not like I didn’t know before. It’s just… Lately I’ve read some really good articles on what the world is and who it caters to, and I kinda feel like… Fuck it. So we got couple of options here, right? We gotta stop this pro-growth shit. We gotta stop this capitalism shit, right? That has to come first and above all. Next, we gotta do universal basic income. And also maximum possible income above which taxes would be 100%. I’m thinking like 10 times the minimum. We gotta cancel billionaires, private jets, yachts and all that crazy shit. Because… Well, because it’s just pure insanity. Not only the mere fact of someone owning that but the amount of emissions these things make is like a spit in the face of basically everybody else on this planet. We also gotta tax the shit out of corporations and people using housing as an investment opportunity. And tax the shit out of extreme wealth too. And stop being fucking swallowers and stop pushing the idea that success and happiness equals commas in the bank account. Preferably starting with kids in schools. Studies show that being filthy rich doesn’t necessarily make you happier. Also, we need to start using more environment-friendly technology across the fields. Cause it does exist. Common argument of free market enthusiasts is that scientists will eventually come up with solutions to our issues. Well, they have and they are. It just makes less money than shit that’s already in place. So we kinda ignore it. Oh, and we might stop killing and eating animals… Or at least fucking limit it. You know… Like a little nice cherry on the top. And we need to make all of this a new norm. Cause at this point, it’s really a matter of survival of us as species. But we won’t. No government does nearly enough to address this and to be frank, most do nothing or actually keep making things even worse. And that’s the world we live in. That’s the world we’re watching burn. This is all the death and pain staring at us from the news every day. This is the world we’re leaving for the next generations. So yeah… We’re kinda fucked. No reason to give up or anything. Shout out to all the volunteers, to all the NGOs doing the important work, all the good parents, all my vegans. Keep doing you. But it’s fucking crystal clear we’re losing. By a landslide.
Okay, back to this motherfucker. Last week was also relatively calm in terms of diving. I did this open water course which was actually fun. Got a group of three and all of them were cool and had the right attitude. It was a guy from Finland and a couple (the guy from my hometown in the Czech Republic and the girl was Russian). After some time, I did dives in Abades (and saw the turtle) and took them to El Balito as well. That was beautiful. On top of that, I did a try dive on Friday. I’d appreciate a bit more diving but it is what it is.
I accepted some new language classes. I really like this new group conversational one. Feels more like a podcast than a class. But yeah, teaching is going well and I expect to get some classes when the summer’s over. We’ll see how everything goes. I’m like one month away from my trip back home and I’m getting excited about that too.
I went out with my diver friend after some time on Saturday. We got some beers in Galletas and planned a trip for the next day. So Sunday, we hopped in Pluto, put some gas in it and went up north to La Laguna. On the way we got ourselves some coffee at Las Roques. My friend used to live in Laguna some time ago so she’s quite familiar with the area and she took me for a longer walk around the city and some hills nearby. It was super nice. The sun was kinda heavy but the day was beautiful. At one point, we stopped by for some pancakes. Got myself a vegan one with chocolate and staciatella ice cream and it was bomb. Afterwards we took it to Abades for a beer and when we got back to Silencio, we met up with some more people for some more beers. Overall a great day.
It’s Monday morning, I got new NBA Youngboy in the headphones, I already did some classes and I got a bit more ahead of me, it’s another lovely day over here and I’m kinda figuring out whether to go for a run or maybe go try to swim in the ocean. Which I kinda never do but maybe it’s worth a try in this weather. Sending some love to everybody out there. One!
Highlights:
- The road trip.
- The OWD course.
- New Toby Nwigwe & Pharrell – Lord Forgive me. Great song.











No comments:
Post a Comment