Sunday, December 25, 2022

Semester 13 Chapter XVII: Hip-hop & Vegan & Diving

Ay, here we go! The last blog of this year. To quote one of my old tracks: And the time flies like crazy and I’m still lost somewhere deep/Got standards so fucked up, they’re impossible to meet. Still valid. 2022 was an interesting year. Both on personal and on global level. I reevaluated my relationship with diving, I met whole bunch of new people, I got some more tats, recorded some more songs, I had a chance to create memories with some of my favorite humans. Shit’s been good. On global level it’s a different story tho. This world is just fucked. It is what it is.

Before getting to the credits, let me say couple of words about my last week. I went diving to Abades on Tuesday and I worked quite a lot. I got myself new running headphones as my old ones went to shit. Now, I’m ancient so I still use this USB stick MP3 player. So I need wired headphones. And it seems those are pretty hard to get these days. I went to this huge electronics store in Chafiras and they had like 3 models (as opposed to like 100 models of bluetooth ones). Got the most expensive pair (still cheap af). They only had “female” version tho, so now I run with shiny bright pink earbuds. Loving it. I spent Christmas Eve with my friend from Adeje. We went to a beach close to Caleta, swam, talked and vibed out. Not fucking bad for Christmas. Feeling grateful for that.

 


Okay now to the last year. I wanna send love to my family, my sister, her partner, my nephew, my dad, his partner… The whole clique. I wanna send love to my bros back in the Czech republic. My brother in Prague. Fuck, we still talk so much, we’re basically a married couple at this point. We gonna do some more dirt next year, this shit is far from over. My YLP partner and my day1 bro too. You know what time it is. Shout out to my Shanghai fam. Shout out to all the beautiful souls I’ve met this year as well. Whole bunch of great moments. Shout out to all the hip-hop heads, vegans, divers and runners. It’s all love. This world is a fucked up place but I consider myself lucky being surrounded by good energy for the most part and I don’t take it for granted. The love you give is the love you take. Keeping that shit on my mind.

 


I decided to do something different this year. Gonna give you some tunes I really enjoyed this time around. I’m definitely forgetting some but these are some of the tracks I had on repeat the most. So in no particular order, here we go:

 










 

And yeah… Thanks to all the readers too. Wish you happy holidays… If you love somebody, tell them. Fuck all that consumerist shit. Focus on mental health and be aware of energy around you. Hope 2023 is gonna be a good year for all of us. One!

 

Highlights:

  • The people.
  • The moments.
  • The love.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment