Monday, August 21, 2023

Semester 14 Chapter XXIX: Augmentations

Yo, here we go again. Sunday evening, new Quavo album on deck (really fucking feeling it; RIP Take), it’s just me in the apartment, everything feels peaceful. I’m still surfing through the summer with joy and ease and there’s quite some shit to talk abou. As it usually is.

 


Last Monday, I joined my dad once more for his trivia night. Most of his regular team was MIA and we didn’t really place well this time around but it was still a pretty nice evening. Wednesday, I met up with sis right after work and we went to this tattoo/piercing shop she picked to do my ears. See, I’m pretty much covered in ink but to that point I’d never played with piercings. I’d mentioned I wanna try it out couple times before and my sis took the opportunity and booked me a session for my bday. So here I go. Earrings in both ears, feels like I was born with them, haven’t felt weird for a second. Really enjoying changes I'm doing to my visual this year. Afterwards, we proceeded to her place and wrapped up the whole misson with some dinner.



Friday was epic too. I managed to merge plans with three of my friends into one and it was just perfect. First, me and two of my guys went out for our usual trip to Bílovice on bikes. Not sure if we’d ever done that in that configuration but we all had a really good time. Afterwards, we went back to the city to meet up with my music bro and we spent the rest of the evening bar hopping and talking shit. Happy, I glued all that together. We’ve all know each other for ages but they never really hang out like that. It felt smooth and organic tho.

 


Saturday morning, I hopped on my bike and went to the village of Popůvky where I met up with my sis yet again. We went to her former in-laws’ to pick up the kiddo and borrow their car for the weekend. We took the opportunity to have some coffee and chat, and then we took it to the road. Destination was the cottage of my dad’s partner. See, they have this family reunion once a year but since I’m almost never around, I hadn’t been there for about 3 years. It was cool seeing everybody again; I even got introduced to some new people. But yeah, overall good vibes, good food (my dad is a killer), all super enjoyable.

 


Sunday after lunch, we got back packed up and off we went. I dropped my sister off at her place and then returned the car. Another coffee, another cool hangout, another bike ride back home. Wanna give shout out to the in-laws. My sister went through a pretty rough break up recently and it’s cool knowing that it won’t have any serious impact on how our families communicate and love each other. Some adult shit right there.

 

I got some groceries downtown, made myself some dinner, spoke to some people online and watched a movie. It’s 8:30pm and there’s nothing left for me to do today. Hope you guys are enjoying yourselves and your time feels well spent. Sending love everybody out there. One!


Highlights:

  • Driving again after some break. 
  • Piercings.
  • My people.

No comments:

Post a Comment