Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Semester 14 Chapter XXVI: Skinheads

What’s up everybody, here we go again. Last week was eventful as fuck. A week ago, I was still in Vancouver. I pretty much summed up the whole experience in my last entry so I’m not gonna do that again. The whole thing was simply awesome. Before I left, me and my friends grabbed one last coffee by the shipyards and then it was the ferry, Skytrain, airport and off to Europe.

 


I arrived to Brno Wednesday evening to my sis waiting for me at the station. Dropped my things off at home and then we proceeded to Vegalité for some dinner. Felt good hanging out again. My sister has been dealing with some pretty fucking heavy personal shit recently and I was happy how much better she seemed compared to when I was leaving in June. She’s a legend.

On Thursday, I spent most of the day working and later in the evening, I caught a bus to Prague. See, the day after, I had another head tattoo session booked. And for this one, we shaved my head completely. In order to make sure, things are actually symmetrical and geometry works, you kinda can’t deal with hair. So yeah, I’m fully bald for the first time in my life. What surprised me was that I actually liked it from the get go. I’m okay with the shape of my head and it generally feels good. I was expecting feeling pretty weird about the whole thing but it wasn’t any of that. And I got compliments left and right too. The session was relatively long but we’ve done quite a lot and it all looks damn near perfect. Looking forward to the next one.

 


I decided to stay in Prague for a bit more. My friend was working on prototypes of his new merch on Saturday so I stuck around to help out. He has a whole screen printing equipment at home so I had a chance to witness the whole process. Shit was fun. In the evening, we packed all the t-shirts and hoodies and did a photo shoot. We took some pics in the city center and in some subway stations. The last time we did this together was about 10 years for my his first tank top batch. Another walk down the memory lane. Everybody was happy with results and shit apparently worked pretty well online.

 


I made it back to Brno Sunday morning, did lunch with my sis and spent the afternoon with my nephew. He’s getting to that age where he’s okay with hanging out with other people no moms present so I’m definitely gonna take advantage of that here and there. In the evening, we celebrated my b-day (with some delay). My dad and his partner got back from the country where they’d been for couple of days and we all met up at my sis’. Got a new water bottle, got some Jameson, got a sess at a piercing studio… But most importantly, it was an awesome hangout. Love those people.

 

Monday morning, I did a class and went to the bus station. Destination was Olomouc. Some weeks ago, I had a chance to meet this guy (who’s a really good friend of my bro in Prague) at the tattoo convention in Krakow and besides him being a really cool dude, I fucking loved his work. So I sent his ig to my gf thinking she might like some of his shit. The idea was to book her in. Well, the idea still stands but she got active too and got me a session with him first as a gift. This year I’m getting a bit nuts with new tattoos. But yeah, another beautiful day, some good talks and the outcome is fucking epic. Got an old-school diver’s helmet with an octopus wrapped around it. Met up with my bro from Prague shortly before left in the evening (as he was coincidentally coming to the town too) and then took it Brno.

 


My dad and his partner left for Switzerland for about a week so it’s just me and the doggo in the apartment now. Pretty good set-up. Today, I walked the fucker and later got out to pick up my new hair shaving machine, new strap for my watch and do some groceries. Lately, I’ve been also on some folk/rock shit. Been heavily on Bob Dylan and now I’m playing some Eagles. Feels good to mix up the usual rap shit with something different. So yeah, pretty fucking epic week. Hope you guys are doing well, enjoying summer and all that. Sending love to y’all. One!


Highlights:

  • Tattoos. 
  • Photo shoots.
  • Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment