Monday, November 11, 2024

Semester 17 Chapter IX: Round 2

Funny thing is, this blog is old enough to contain a chapter where Trump becomes president for the first time. I remember going a bit ape shit on all the people that had cast a vote for him, being in disbelief and not being very cool about it. Well, 8 years have passed and we have another go. And I guess we are all a bit older, we are all a bit more tired and the world is also a different place. Since then, we got a war in Ukraine and Palestine, we got Covid, we got North Korean soldiers fighting in a war for the first time since the Korean war. And in the background, we got rich getting richer, poor getting poorer, middle class slowly evaporating and we have also probably jumped over an edge on our way to the environmental collapse. In addition to that, we got leftists losing big time globally and the whole discourse shifting heavily towards far-right. It is one hell of a situation. And I can go off again. Saying how fucked democrats are for not taking the “Bernie Sanders” route when they had a chance. I can criticize the whole Biden fiasco and I can dispute so many things about Kamala and her politics, it might easily take couple of pages here. I can also clearly state that having said all that, I would still take Kamala over Trump any day of the week. But you know what? None of that shit matters. Instead of a somewhat centrist woman of color, we have an alt-right joke that has somehow managed to maneuver from a nightmare all the way to reality. Again. Now with pretty much the whole executive system aligned with him. God help us. I think that in a long run, it’s a terrible thing for everybody but particularly for women, people of color, working class, middle class, international politics, Ukraine, Gaza… And the list goes on. But then again, I also think that unless the left puts themselves together and start offering a bit more bold and radical solutions to some very real fucking problems we are facing, they are pretty doomed. And I see no future in this half-assed approach. Things have to change. And I fucking hope I’m wrong. I hope those fuckers got this. I hope Elon Musk isn’t a money hungry lunatic that’s ego-tripping on everybody calling him a genius, hallucinating about moving humanity to Mars. I hope Trump calls Putin and ends the whole shit within minutes as he has said. I hope they have a plan for the climate that will work. I hope that they won’t restrict women’s rights, that they won’t destroy lives of millions of people in need and that everything is under control. I don’t believe any of this for a split second but I fucking hope that one day I open the news and I will be proven wrong. Anyways, that’s where we at. Let’s see what happens next.

 


Okay, back to this Hague thing. I’m still heavily hooked on yoga. It’s small steps but I feel much more confident in certain flows, I think it does good to my hamstrings, it’s still stimulating and I’m still having quite a lot of fun with it. Going on the daily, often more than once. My headstands are also going well, now I’m slowing everything down trying to fine tune it. I really like that with yoga there’s no cheating. In the gym or with most things I do, you can kinda sorta do it a bit wrong, push it a bit too hard, get the technique all fucked up and it still somewhat goes. When it comes to lot of things in yoga, you have to dig deep into your patience and accept the fact you simply can’t do certain shit. And then take it a tiny step by step, fucking up all the time, falling, losing balance, not being able to reach certain poses. And you breathe and you repeat and you slowly figure it out. There’s no skipping, there’s no cheating (it simply doesn’t work), it’s really just you and your body and mind. It is physical but it can get very meditative, it’s really fun.

So yeah, loads of that. Feels like I spend pretty much all my free time on it. I still do my outdoor workout, I still run. The weather is getting colder but it’s not terrible. And on Sunday, I popped into the beach Sauna once more which was awesome. This time, I went at around 3pm so it was still daylight. It was a nice afternoon, people were walking around the beach and then there was me with a 4 other people running around half naked swimming in the sea. Happy that thing exists.

 


I got another month in The Netherlands before going back home for the holidays, there are some cool visits planned, there’s quite some things to do, it’s all moving. Hope you guys are doing well. Keep you head up, keep it positive and don’t entertain bullshit. One!



Highlights:

  • Yoga.
  • Sauna.
  • Workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment