Monday, November 4, 2024

Semester 17 Chapter VIII: New Hobbies

I don’t know man, I just really enjoy these beginnings. When you find a new thing to do and you get a bit obsessed by it. It’s happened to me before with music, with traveling, with diving… Some shit lasts only for a bit (that downhill biking in Canada would be a prime example of that), some stays longer. And I’m totally getting deeper and deeper into this yoga thing. No idea how long this lasts but it’s that familiar feeling of stepping into something and being excited about every little thing about it. Plus it really helps with adjusting to this new place. I meet people, I slowly improve and anytime I have an extra hour or two, I just check what’s happening in one of the studios and go. And even though I still suck at pretty much everything yoga-related, I can already feel tiny improvements. I can stretch further, I can stay longer in my headstand, I flow a bit smoother, it’s all getting there. I sometimes go to hot yoga classes, too, and in a way, they have this sauna effect. No matter how cold or shitty the weather is outside, you get warm to the bones. Puddles of sweat underneath you. So yeah, that’s that.


What else. Outside of my sessions, last week was kinda chilled. On Friday, I grabbed a dinner with this Czech dude (whom I had met at one of the yoga practices) and on Saturday, I managed to visit the jazz bar we now sometimes go to once more. There was this blues band with an old dude with a hat and a pony tail playing your typical blues and they were actually pretty good. But man, the amount of chauvinism in the lyrics and between the songs was heavy. Pretty sure at one point my man was joking about strangling women with guitar strings. I mean, I get that there might be a generational divide with certain topics but this dude…


It is getting coder here but it’s not really rainy nor windy so I still workout outside and I still run with my shorts. You combine it with all the yoga I’m doing and you have a pretty solid routine. Work has been going well, too. And I really enjoy morning sessions at one of the cafés in the neighborhood. Wanna shout out Quench and Plenty once more. Hope you guys are doing well, hope y’all keep it positive and your spirits are high. Sending some love to everybody out there. One!


Highlights:

  • Yoga.
  • Workouts. 
  • Vegan cakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment