Monday, November 25, 2024

Semester 17 Chapter XI: Back To Museums

Okay, back to this motherfucker. Kendrick has dropped a surprise album and man… We are witnessing something special with this guy in hip-hop. His catalogue is shaping up to be one of the best the genre has ever seen, he’s in his own lane and I honestly don’t think there’s a rapper out there right here right now who sees him. Not to take anything away from the legends and all the talent out there… Kendrick is just different tho. Lyrics, topics, flows, beat selection… It’s a treat. And I also think Drake hasn’t been the same since the whole altercation. I mean… He’s still one of the most popular artists of our time but he got it real bad, his new songs don’t hit and I feel that even his older shit has a weird aftertaste now. Kendrick went absolutely mental on him and Not Like Us isn’t going away anytime soon. Anyways, it’s always cool to get some new Kdot. And just days after Tyler dropped. Good times.

 






Last week tho. So yoga. Obviously. Still on it, researching options back in the Czech Republic so I get to do it once I’m there as well. Not really slowing down. Outdoor workouts are still possible but it’s getting a bit tougher. Temperatures are sometimes approaching zero but I feel it’s still good getting your ass out and breathe some fresh air. Got myself some vitamin D pills for the first time in my life. To compensate for short and often cloudy days. And again… What I really love about this place is all the cycling. No matter how shit weather is, you got everybody outside on their bikes. It makes it all seem alive.

 




Over the week, we went for some cool food (Xian Noodles, Beesechurger, FOAM & Quench) and over the weekend I got myself the local museum card. You pay 75 EUR and you get a year-long access to about 500 museums in The Netherlands. On Saturday, we checked Kunstmuseum. There’s a Dior exhibition along with some other modern artists. After that, we took it to Omniversum for a screening of a Jane Goodall documentary. Motherfucker at the counter failed to inform us that it’s in Dutch which was kinda bummer. Still, visually stunning and getting through about 40mins of all the weird sounds which local tongue is consisted of was doable. Sunday, we went to museum Beelden aan Zee. Also good. Sometimes, it’s just nice hanging out in galleries. All those generous spaces with good lighting devoted to art. And even though I enjoyed some of the pieces, the older I get the less I’m interested in conceptual art. Make me feel something off the rip. Don’t make me read pages of explanation or watch 7 experts speculating what part of this pile of garbage represents vagina. I know I’m sounding ignorant now but I also believe that you can create something original and deep which touches people’s souls and is digestible at the same time. Anyways, that museum is really fucking beautiful. And it’s just by the beach. Right after that, we went up a ferris wheel nearby. It was a relatively warm and super clear day so we got some awesome views.

 


It’s Monday again, I got some classes behind me, some in front, already did some yoga, all is good. Hope y’all doing well. Shout out to all my readers and everybody fighting the good fight. One!

 

Highlights:

  • Kendrick.
  • Yoga.
  • Museums.

No comments:

Post a Comment