Hello everybody, here we go again. It’s Monday morning, I’ve had some cancellations today so my schedule is not too tight, lunch is being cooked on the stove, just finished one of my classes, all is good. It’s kinda difficult to believe we’re in December. What a fucking year. Anyways, it’s time to sum up whatever has been going on in this life of mine. Let’s get to it.
Last week was pretty normal up until Thursday evening. Work, yoga, workouts, some running. Staying healthy, fit and paid. Things took a welcomed twist when my sis arrived to the city along with her girlfriend. I picked them up after 8pm at my favorite Chinese restaurant and we proceeded to secure bikes. First, we tried to get some from the Dutch Railways. Technically, it seems like an easy thing to do. They say you need their card (which I had) and then you just come and rent up to two bikes for as long as you want. Once we got to the bike spot, we were also told that we might not even need the card and that our credit cards should do. Well, that was a lie. Credit cards won’t cut it. A very irritated lady at another counter then told me that the card I got can’t be used for bikes for some mysterious reason neither so that was that. Luckily, after short research, we found out about this Donkey Republic company that also rents bikes, we installed their app and in couple of minutes we were all riding around the city. No special card, no face verification, no confusing rejections, very straightforward. So yeah, shout out to Donkey Republic.
The whole weekend was very pleasant. It was my first time showing people around here and I think I did a pretty good job. We did the observation tower downtown, we walked around the beach, we hung out at some of my favorite cafés… My sister is a great cook so she cooked a lot, too. On Saturday we all went to the infamous beach sauna place and in the evening we all took it to the Bler Karaoke. First time me doing shit like that in Europe. And it was as fun as expected. Sunday we did brunch, enjoyed nice weather in the neighborhood and I accompanied them two back to the station. Everything worked out, everybody was happy and the weather could not have been much better. It is cold but not super cold and there was virtually no rain whatsoever. And since my sis had b-day yesterday, it felt like I managed to contribute a bit to her spending it in a fun way.
So yeah, today it’s back to normal but there are quite exciting things on the horizon. In 10 days, I’m going to Switzerland for couple of days and then it’s back to Brno. We also planned a pretty exciting trip to Africa for late January and apart from many other things, it seems I might be able to a dive there after like forever. We’ll see how everything goes. Hope you guys are doing great, sending love to everybody out there. And some extra love for all my vegans. One!
Highlights:
- My sis’ visit.
- Karaoke.
- Sauna.



No comments:
Post a Comment