Hello world, here we go! Another week has passed so we’re back on this. Today I’m checking in from this lovely vegan restaurant in Prague. Used to be Loving Hut, now it’s called Loving Bistro and I feel like I wanna start this one with some light appreciation towards small things. Had a couple of conversations with some of my close ones on this topic recently and I feel it’s only right to address this here. We do live in a world that sometimes truly seems like a fucking joke. Like a South Park episode going bad. Like a really bad trip ran by greedy imbeciles playing gods. Which might actually be the case from where I’m standing. And it’s a source of anxiety, pain and fear. To most of us. It’s hard to see a way out of most problems we are facing and it’s really difficult to downplay their magnitude. I remember having pretty fucking dark moments back when I was turning vegan. It feels like no matter what you do (and this goes beyond aligning your dietary choices with some basic respect for animals), it’s never enough. The machine is too big, the momentum is too strong, the pain is overwhelming, it’s a lot. To the point when you cannot really allow yourself to focus on most of it too much and simply carry on living life. Which is perfectly fine and understandable. And I’m talking geo-politics, social issues, wealth distribution, all that. But I also believe it ain’t really over till it’s over. Yeah, it doesn’t look great but I recently saw a doc on Jane Goodall and she (being a scientist) said that people sometimes don’t realize how much difference can all the small choices we do everyday make. Some of us are fortunate to have enough freedom there, some of us are less, but we can all draw our lines in the sand, set our principles and live by them. So yeah, it does matter how we treat one another, how we treat less privileged or marginalized. It does matter what we support and what we eat and consume. It does matter when we choose not to close our eyes and disconnect because “that’s what everybody does”. At the end of the day, the optimal amount of preventable suffering and death of any living being is zero. And that should be the end game. Nobody is perfect (and we shouldn’t be too hard on ourselves neither) but everybody can contribute. Cynicism and disconnecting won’t get us anywhere; compassion, hope and love might.
Okay now when I got this off my chest, let’s move on to what I’ve been up to (shout out to all of you who still care). I spent the first half of the week in The Hague. Business as usual. On Wednesday, we went to this Vegan Pizza joint for the first time. We had ordered some of their amazing pizzas before but we had never visited. It’s a really cozy place, the food was delicious, definitely can recommend.
And then there was Switzerland. Left The Hague Friday evening, arrived to Geneva couple hours later and then it was all just awesomeness. Apart from the expected trauma caused by Swiss prices. It’s really a different planet and what you spend on a few pretty short train rides would normally cover your whole life existence for a week in most other places in Europe. But yeah, got to swim in the Leman Lake (8 degrees Celsius), got to attend a really cool birthday party, got to go to this squat rave, went to sauna, had tons of good talks with some lovely individuals. All really nice. Grateful I got to experience that. The rave was an interesting moment tho. They were raising money for some cause and prices of everything were optional. You could technically drink as much as you wanted without spending a penny (although I doubt that most people did). Pretty cool vibe. When we arrived, there was this hip-hop collective performing and boy, that shit reminded me of some Brno hip-hop 20 years ago. Like 5 white dudes with a stone age cadence doing lots of not very exciting rapping, super long songs and very very aged flow which would not change ever. I understood nothing and I’m sure they were rapping about something important but musically it was hot trash. After that, there was a pretty entertaining DJ which turned the spot into an actual party. Left Switzerland after lunch today, arrived to Prague about 90 minutes ago and I’m catching my bus to Brno in about two hours. Gonna spend some time back in The Czech Republic now.
Before I close this up, I really want to highlight Kendrick’s Reincarnated. That song is a gem. The more I listen to it, the more I love it. That nearly fucking perfect instrumental aside, it’s the storytelling and insight that kills me. And the last verse is a trip. “Every individual is only a version of you.”
So yeah, really happy about these past couple of days. Shout out to everybody who I had a chance to talk to. Some proper good energy right there. Shout out to all my loved ones, all my people, all my vegans and everybody fighting the good fight. One!
Highlights:
- Switzerland.
- Lake swim.
- Czech prices. After two months in The Netherlands and a weekend in Switzerland, this shit is bomb. In a really nice restaurant in the center of Prague, I immediately treated myself with a massive dinner and some chocolate cake. My money means something again.






No comments:
Post a Comment